Fax : +44 (0) 115 - 957 6018

Author: SARKAR, Samir
INET: Samir.SARKAR_at_nottingham.sema.slb.com

  • Tim_at_sagelogix.com at May 27, 2003 at 5:50 pm
    Samir,

    I find this query useful...

    select first_time,
    mb,
    mb - (avg(mb) over ()) dev_from_avg
    from (select trunc(first_time) first_time,
    sum(blocks*block_size)/1048576 mb
    from v$archived_log
    group by trunc(first_time))
    order by first_time;

    Hope this helps....

    -Tim
    All,

    Can anybody please help me on this :

    We are trying to find out the bandwidth required for
    keeping our DR database updated using Dataguard.
    There is an equation the networking guys use for this but
    I need to give them the redo generation rate
    or redo copy rate in bytes per second. Is there any way I
    can find this out without using Statspack ??

    Thanks and Regards,

    Samir

    Samir Sarkar
    Oracle DBA
    SchlumbergerSema
    Email : ssarkar2_at_slb.com
    Phone : +44 (0) 115 - 957 6028
    EPABX : +44 (0) 115 - 957 6418 Ext. 76028
    Fax : +44 (0) 115 - 957 6018

    --
    Please see the official ORACLE-L FAQ:
    http://www.orafaq.net --
    Author: SARKAR, Samir
    INET: Samir.SARKAR_at_nottingham.sema.slb.com

    Fat City Network Services -- 858-538-5051
    http://www.fatcity.com San Diego, California --
    Mailing list and web hosting services
    send the HELP command for other information (like
    subscribing).
    INET: tim_at_sagelogix.com

  • Stephen Lee at May 27, 2003 at 6:54 pm
    This might give you a good idea:

    select to_char(first_time,'MM/DD/YYYY HH24:MI') YEEHAA from v$log_history;

    Author: Stephen Lee
    INET: Stephen.Lee_at_DTAG.Com

  • Jared.Still_at_radisys.com at May 27, 2003 at 10:34 pm
    Oooh, that's a keeper. :)

    Jared

    tim_at_sagelogix.com
    Sent by: root_at_fatcity.com
    05/27/2003 10:50 AM
    Please respond to ORACLE-L

    Author: SARKAR, Samir
    INET: Samir.SARKAR_at_nottingham.sema.slb.com

    Fat City Network Services -- 858-538-5051
    http://www.fatcity.com San Diego, California --
    Mailing list and web hosting services
    send the HELP command for other information (like
    subscribing).
    INET: tim_at_sagelogix.com

    INET: Jared.Still_at_radisys.com

  • SARKAR, Samir at May 28, 2003 at 8:54 am
    Tim,

    Thanks so much for your response.....ur query was of immense help.

    Cheers

    Samir

    Author: SARKAR, Samir
    INET: Samir.SARKAR_at_nottingham.sema.slb.com