Von: Rakesh Gupta
Gesendet: Montag, 12. Mai 2003 18:02
An: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L
Betreff: LDAP implementation

Hello All,
We have a large suite of applications which accesses oracle database for all
the data manipulation. Last week, one of our customers changed the
requirements and asked us to make all our apps directly access the LDAP
server (Non-Oracle v3 compliant) and obviously they want this task completed
in a month. Is there a easy way to replicate data back and forth between
LDAP server and Oracle database so we can still manipulate the data without
modifying the applications.

Thanks
Rakesh

Author: Rakesh Gupta
INET: GuptaR_at_telecomsys.com

Author: Stefan Jahnke
INET: Stefan.Jahnke_at_bov.de

  • Rakesh Gupta at May 12, 2003 at 7:57 pm
    Sorry for the vague requirements. We have a Oracle DB and we would like to keep the database and LDAP directory structure in-synch without changing the front end applications.
    As we speak, I am reading Stephane Faroult's article "Building a Simple SQL Interface to any LDAP Server" and seems to be very interesting one.

    Thanks to all who replied.

    Rakesh
    Stefan.Jahnke_at_bov.de 05/12/03 01:17PM >>>
    Hi Rakesh

    Do you mean switching from Oracle Internet Directory to some other LDAP
    server, or do you have data in an Oracle DB that you want to export from
    Oracle and import into an LDAP server ?

    Stefan

    Author: Rakesh Gupta
    INET: GuptaR_at_telecomsys.com