I tried to install Oracle 9.2.0.1 on my Win2k machine. The installer aborts
without error after splash screen with choice of Oracle_Home is shown. I
read about problems of installer with Pentium 4, but I have a Pentium 3 (800
Mhz) in
my machine. I was able to install Oracle 9.0.1 successfully on my computer,
but had already problems with the installer of 9.0.2 - which I did not
investigate further as I downloaded 9.2.0 from OTN.
I tried to use the old installer but it is universal installer version 2.1
and universal installer version 2.2.5 or higher is required.

Are any similar problems - and a workaround - known? Search on Metalink was
not successful.

Regards,
Antje Sackwitz

INET: Antje.Sackwitz_at_ppi.de

  • Chris Berry at Apr 14, 2003 at 7:08 pm

    From: Antje.Sackwitz_at_ppi.de
    I tried to install Oracle 9.2.0.1 on my Win2k machine. The installer aborts
    without error after splash screen with choice of Oracle_Home is shown. I
    read about problems of installer with Pentium 4, but I have a Pentium 3
    (800
    Mhz) in
    my machine. I was able to install Oracle 9.0.1 successfully on my computer,
    but had already problems with the installer of 9.0.2 - which I did not
    investigate further as I downloaded 9.2.0 from OTN.
    I tried to use the old installer but it is universal installer version 2.1
    and universal installer version 2.2.5 or higher is required.

    Are any similar problems - and a workaround - known? Search on Metalink
    was
    not successful.
    Is it a Celeron processor? There is a known bug related to that. If it is,
    let me know and I can pass along the fix.

    Chris Berry
    compjma_at_hotmail.com
    Systems Administrator
    JM Associates

    "Without change, something sleeps inside us, and seldom awakens. The
    sleeper must awaken." -- Duke Leto Atreides

    Author: Chris Berry
    INET: compjma_at_hotmail.com