Hi DBAs,

Oracle 8.1.6 SE, WinNT
We are considering using Oracle Context. Is this a separately sold product
and is it available in enterprise edition.
I cannot find this info anywhere. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks
Rick

INET: Rick_Cale_at_teamhealth.com

  • Don Granaman at Mar 1, 2003 at 4:13 pm
    It is bundled with 8i (EE at least, not sure about SE) - see
    $ORACLE_HOME/ctx/admin/dr0csys.sql and Metalink Doc ID: 73605.1

    The name has changed over time:

    ConText is a cartridge for Oracle 8.0.x
    interMedia Text is a feature of Oracle8i
    Oracle Text is a feature of Oracle9i

    Don Granaman
    certifiable OraSaurus

    Author: Don Granaman
    INET: granaman_at_cox.net

  • Robson, Peter at Mar 3, 2003 at 9:53 am
    I think you will find that the functionality of Context is now bundled up in
    the Oracle product called Collaborative Suite. It is certainly available in
    enterprise. Oracle do have this irritating habit of re-naming old
    technology, and presenting it as the latest great thing...

    peter
    edinburgh

    We are considering using Oracle Context. Is this a separately sold product
    and is it available in enterprise edition.
    I cannot find this info anywhere. Any help is appreciated.

    Thanks
    Rick

    INET: Rick_Cale_at_teamhealth.com

    This e-mail message, and any files transmitted with it, are
    confidential and intended solely for the use of the addressee. If
    this message was not addressed to you, you have received it in error
    and any copying, distribution or other use of any part of it is
    strictly prohibited. Any views or opinions presented are solely those
    of the sender and do not necessarily represent those of the British
    Geological Survey. The security of e-mail communication cannot be
    guaranteed and the BGS accepts no liability for claims arising as a
    result of the use of this medium to transmit messages from or to the
    BGS. The BGS cannot accept any responsibility for viruses, so please

    scan all attachments. http://www.bgs.ac.uk

    Author: Robson, Peter
    INET: pgro_at_bgs.ac.uk