Battle Creek, MI

Author: Martin, Alan (Contractor) (DLIS)
INET: Alan.S.Martin_at_dla.mil

  • Chip at Feb 27, 2003 at 7:09 am
    The Oracle ODBC 8.1.7.2 driver added a button (when adding or
    configuring a DSN) to test the database connection. If a password has
    expired, the "Test Connection" will pop-up another dialog box so the
    password can be changed. Oracle 9i clients do not include the "Oracle
    ODBC Test" (c) 1996, which could also issue SQL statements.

    Note: the "Oracle Call Interface Programmer's Guide" describes the
    OCIPasswordChange() function, but I do not know how to call OCI
    functions from VB.

    Have Fun :)

    When adding or configuring ODBC us

    Martin, Alan (Contractor) (DLIS) wrote:
    Hi listers:

    In another moment you'll be able to tell I'm not ODBC literate. I can
    query a UNIX 9i DB using SQL*Plus from my PC using a Oracle9i client,
    and get ORA-28002: the password will expire within 10 days. The 8i
    client (to a 9i DB) does not show these messages. Neither does the 8i
    Oracle ODBC Test. I'd like to test a 9i ODBC connection from the PC
    client. I don't see an Oracle ODBC Test for the 9i client ORACLE_HOME.
    Is it still available? Should the ORA-28002 be passed back via ODBC?
    How does one check for it in VB?

    Thanx,
    Alan Martin
    Defense Logistics Information Service
    Battle Creek, MI
    Author: Chip
    INET: ocp-dba_at_earthlink.net

  • Jay at Feb 27, 2003 at 4:39 pm
    If you are using VB (VBA/VB.Net or enve C#) using oo4o (Oracle Objects For OLE). This will five you more funcationalty and an increase in speed.

    Author: Jay
    INET: fish_dba_at_hotmail.com