We are just ramping up a version 9.2 OLTP database on Sun Solaris 2.6.

We didn't see any issues with a small number of users but we are seeing a
lot of resource manager waits with a large number of external clients.

We are wondering if perhaps we should turn Resource Manager off. It
defaults to being turned off in 8i but seems to default to being on in
9.2.0.1.

Have you had success with using Resource Manager in 9.2.?

Have you successfully turned it off and run with more than one hundred
concurrent users?

It is urgent and I regret that it's hard for me to look at the list today.
I'd appreciate it if you would respond to me directly at
Cherie_Machler_at_gelco.com

Thanks,

Cherie Machler
Oracle DBA
Gelco Information

INET: Cherie_Machler_at_gelco.com

  • Cherie_Machler_at_gelco.com at Feb 20, 2003 at 1:39 pm
    Raj,

    Not really. I just wanted to know people's experience in general with
    Resource Manager on 9.2. I'm not sure that it's being used much. You
    are the only person who responded to my email. Perhaps not many people
    are running on 9.2 (especially in production).

    We ended up turning it off on our new 9.2 production system last night
    because we were seeing so many Resource Manager waits. At least we
    stopped seeing Resource Manager waits at that time but we had other
    problems with the application.

    Thanks again,

    Cherie

    "Jamadagni,
    Rajendra" To: "'Cherie_Machler_at_gelco.com'"
    Subject: RE: Are you using Resource Manager in 9.2? URGENT

    02/20/03 07:32 AM

    You are welcome .. are you looking for something specific that I can query
    on my DBs ??

    Raj

    Rajendra dot Jamadagni at espn dot com
    Any views expressed here are strictly personal.