Hello All,

We have Oracle 9.2.0.2.1 running on our server. When we run the following
command from Sql Plus, we get the end-of-file on communication channel.
This occurs consistently on all four of our 9.2.0.2.1 instances on this
server. It has also occured on a new installation of 9.2.0.2.1 on a
different server. When we run the insert statement separately, it succeeds.
We have not encountered this problem when running the command from developer
workstations running 9i release 2 without the patch. It has also worked on
the other Oracle versions.

We have NT 4.0 SP6.

Does anybody have any insight into what the problem might be? Here is the
command.

SQL> connect canadian_575/sql_at_paristest
Connected.
SQL> begin
2 declare
3 cRow varchar2(18);
4 begin
5 INSERT INTO MEMBER_PLAN_FUND

6 (CLNT,PLAN,MKEY,FUND,TRADATE,ERKEY) VALUES

7 ('0001','1', '000-3','ER',SYSDATE,Misc.GetDefaultErKey('0001','000-3'))

8 RETURNING ROWIDTOCHAR(ROWID) INTO cRow;
9 end;
10 end;
11 /
begin
*
ERROR at line 1:
ORA-03113: end-of-file on communication channel

SQL> connect canadian_575/sql_at_paristest
Connected.

Thanks for any help ...

Sam Bootsma, OCP
Technical Support Analyst