I have been told that I will finally get a budget for some training and want to get some in Oracle. I see that Learning Tree has some classes. Do you guys have any recommendations to links to point me to other sources for classes. Everything I have learned has been from RTFM and books from some of this lists esteemed members. Sometimes it is nice to have a class to move to the next level quicker than from reading. Any recommendations will be great.

Thanks,

Dave
Author: Farnsworth, Dave
INET: DFarnsworth_at_Ashleyfurniture.com

  • Jesse, Rich at Feb 6, 2003 at 6:39 pm
    Hey Dave,

    In Madison, Greenbrier & Russell -- I believe they were the first Oracle
    Certifed Partner -- has many Oracle classes. I've been happy with the
    Milwaukee-area classes.

    http://www.gr.com/what/classhtml/coursesbylocation_madison.asp

    HTH! GL! :)

    Rich

    Rich Jesse System/Database Administrator
    rich.jesse_at_qtiworld.com Quad/Tech International, Sussex, WI USA

    Author: Jesse, Rich
    INET: Rich.Jesse_at_qtiworld.com

  • Freeman Robert - IL at Feb 6, 2003 at 6:51 pm
    Consider TUSC for your training needs. We offer all sorts of Oracle classes.
    www.tusc.com.

    Robert G. Freeman
    Technical Management Consultant
    TUSC - www.tusc.com
    Author of several books you can buy on Amazon.com!

    Author: Farnsworth, Dave
    INET: DFarnsworth_at_Ashleyfurniture.com

    Author: Freeman Robert - IL
    INET: FREEMANR_at_tusc.com

  • Stephen Lee at Feb 6, 2003 at 7:09 pm
    Yet another choice:

    www.thinkspark.com
    Author: Stephen Lee
    INET: Stephen.Lee_at_DTAG.Com

  • April Wells at Feb 6, 2003 at 7:37 pm
    And the teachers at the Madison G&R training center are frequently either
    Oracle contractors or ex-oracle employees.

    April Wells
    Oracle DBA
    Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds
    -- Albert Einstein

    Author: Jesse, Rich
    INET: Rich.Jesse_at_qtiworld.com

    The information contained in this communication,
    including attachments, is strictly confidential
    and for the intended use of the addressee only;
    it may also contain proprietary, price sensitive,
    or legally privileged information. Notice is
    hereby given that any disclosure, distribution,
    dissemination, use, or copying of the information
    by anyone other than the intended recipient is
    strictly prohibited and may be illegal. If you
    have received this communication in error, please
    notify the sender immediately by reply e-mail, delete
    this communication, and destroy all copies.

    Corporate Systems, Inc. has taken reasonable precautions
    to ensure that any attachment to this e-mail has been
    swept for viruses. We specifically disclaim all liability
    and will accept no responsibility for any damage sustained
    as a result of software viruses and advise you to carry out
    your own virus checks before opening any attachment.

    Author: April Wells
    INET: awells_at_csedge.com

  • Rgaffuri_at_cox.net at Feb 7, 2003 at 12:53 pm
    Whatever you choose, I would recommend a program that has evening classes over a 2-4 month period. Ive always been skeptical of 5-10 days all day classes. Too much information too fast. That may not be an option for you if you have other obligations, but its generally the best way to learn when your new at this. Id ask the following questions of any training company and Id also ask to sit in on a class and speak to students.

    Do your students have real world experience. Not just the teachers. Since you do this for a living you really dont want to be in a class with lots of total novices. They will slow the class down.

    Do your instructors actually do this for a living or are they full time instructors. If they are full time instructors did they ever do this for a living? Ive seen instructors who have little to know experience and cant do much outside of what is in the book.

    Focus on the curriculum. If they are just teaching out of a certification book, it wont be as good as if they designed their own curriculum.

    When you sit in on the class talk to the students and find out if they have real world experience. See if some of the students ask alot of questions and slow up the class and see how the instructor deals with it. Does he press on or get bogged down?

    Author: