Hi DBAs,

Oracle Server 8.1.6 Win 2000 Oracle Names

I have the following Oracle clients installed locally. I connect to the
server using the same USER. When I describe
a package and procedure with package I get different results depending on
the client.

Any ideas what is going on here

8.0.5

desc pkg_charts WORKS
desc pkg_charts.select_affiliates WORKS
8.1.6
desc pkg_charts WORKS
desc pkg_charts.select_affiliates ORA-04043: object

pkg_charts.select_affiliates does not exist

8.1.7

desc pkg_charts WORKS
desc pkg_charts.select_affiliates ORA-04043: object

pkg_charts.select_affiliates does not exist

Thanks
Rick

INET: Rick_Cale_at_teamhealth.com

  • Brian McGraw at Dec 31, 2002 at 6:28 pm
    Rick -

    Are all of the sqlnet.ora files resolving hostnames in the same order
    i.e., NAMES.DIRECTORY_PATH= (ONAMES, TNSNAMES, HOSTNAME)? I'd also
    check for a rogue tnsnames.ora file in the same path as the executable.

    Brian
    Brian McGraw /* DBA */ Infinity Insurance |

    Author: Brian McGraw
    INET: brian.mcgraw_at_infinity-insurance.com

  • Rick_Cale_at_teamhealth.com at Dec 31, 2002 at 7:08 pm
    Brian,

    Yes I have checked all of this. Three other co-workers are having same
    problem except they just have the one Oracle client 8.1.7. It
    appears to be client related.

    Thanks
    Rick

    Brian McGraw

    rance.com> cc:
    Sent by: root_at_fatcity.com Subject: RE: Different Oracle clients give different results

    12/31/2002 01:28 PM
    Please respond to ORACLE-L

    Author: Brian McGraw