http://mailplus.yahoo.com
Author: Peter Barnett
INET: regdba_at_yahoo.com

  • Ora NT DBA at Dec 4, 2002 at 5:14 pm
    I went to the Oracle Certification page and looked at the NEWS
    and the FAQ. Both had mentions of the retirement of various tracks
    but neither mentioned the retirement of the 8i track. The abscense
    of an announcement on the official web site would indicate to me that
    it has not been announced yet.

    John

    Peter Barnett wrote:
    I have been looking at the Oracle web site for the
    termination date of Oracle 8i certification tests.
    There is nothing there. Only Oracle 8. Rumor has had
    it that there is a termination date.

    Does anyone have an authoritative answer?

    =====
    Pete Barnett
    Lead Database Administrator
    The Regence Group
    pnbarne_at_regence.com

    http://mailplus.yahoo.com
    Author: Ora NT DBA
    INET: orantdba_at_netscape.net

  • John.Hallas_at_vodafone.co.uk at Dec 4, 2002 at 5:19 pm
    Peter,
    I don't think a date has been announced yet.
    When they do state a date they give 6 months notice though

    John

    I have been looking at the Oracle web site for the
    termination date of Oracle 8i certification tests.
    There is nothing there. Only Oracle 8. Rumor has had
    it that there is a termination date.

    Does anyone have an authoritative answer?

    Pete Barnett
    Lead Database Administrator
    The Regence Group
    pnbarne_at_regence.com

    Do you Yahoo!?
    http://mailplus.yahoo.com
    Author: Peter Barnett
    INET: regdba_at_yahoo.com

    Author:
  • Lyndon Tiu at Dec 4, 2002 at 6:05 pm
    I'm barely done with my 9i certification track and I'm hearing of 10i coming out
    soon.

    All's too fast!

    --
    Lyndon Tiu