A week or so ago I posted WRT having problems printing a report directly to
a printer from 9iAS R2.
I've been battling Oracle ever since to get this BUG resolved.
AFAIK, the bug exists for at least Solaris, AIX & HP.
Since I only have been working with Solaris for the last 6+ years, I might
benefit from those
who have more current knowledge on other variation of Unix.
One of Oracle scripts builds the actual command line using either the "lp"
or the "lpr" command.
What is now being constructed for my system includes "-#1"; which according
to the comments
in the scripts supposed to be the number of copies of the report to be
printed.
Is this a valid command line qualifier for any Unix supporting Oracle?

INET: Charlie_Mengler_at_HomeDepot.com

  • Sherman, Edward at Nov 13, 2002 at 7:52 pm
    -n2 to get two copies for HP-UX
    -#2 yields:

    Author: Sherman, Edward
    INET: shermanej_at_eccic.com