All,

Environment:
HP-UX 11i
We had Oracle 8i (8.1.7) running successfully on our one host. This host
also has Oracle 9i AS already too.

Then we installed Oracle 9i R2 (9.2.0.1) on the same host (to run RMAN
backup and recovery on another host).
Since then our one application (FAMIS from PRISM) is having problems taking
connections through the web (9i AS).

One person here did some research and says perhaps when 9i DB was installed
(to support doing RMAN backups for a 9i DB system on another box), it
overlaid the prior version of Apache. Sounds good to me. We don't
have that much experience in the 9iAS, so we can't really say where the
problem is. The database is up and open and I can hit it from command line
sqlplus.

Any ideas what went wrong and how to fix it? Should we have done a reboot
of the host after the Oracle 9i install? We did not.

message:

ERROR

While trying to retrieve the URL:
http://cmms.harper.cc.il.us/pls/ftrn/loc.login
The following error was encountered:
· Connection Failed
The system returned:
(61) Connection refused
The remote host or network may be down. Please try the request again.

Generated Mon, 11 Nov 2002 19:15:16 GMT by fw3.harper.cc.il.us
(Squid/2.2.STABLE5)

Thanks.

Don Malzahn, IT/AS, Harper Community College Voice:(847) 925-6829
E-mail: dmalzahn@harper.cc.il.us Web page: http://www.harpercollege.edu
"The only limit to our realization of tomorrow will be our doubts of
today". - FDR

Author: Don Malzahn
INET: dmalzahn_at_harper.cc.il.us

  • Jared.Still_at_radisys.com at Nov 11, 2002 at 11:58 pm
    Don,

    Oracle 8.1.7 RDBMS, 9iAS and 9.2 RDBMS should all be installed in separate
    ORACLE_HOME's. If may be that the 9.2 database install went to the same
    ORACLE_HOME as the 9iAS install.

    If so, you will likely need to reinstall both 9iAS and 9iR2.

    Jared

    Don Malzahn
    Sent by: root_at_fatcity.com
    11/11/2002 02:44 PM
    Please respond to ORACLE-L

[...]

    INET: Jared.Still_at_radisys.com

  • Don Malzahn at Nov 12, 2002 at 2:18 pm
    Jared,

    Well, a hunch paid off.
    Before doing anything else, I had our Sys Admin reboot the machine.
    Guess you have to reboot after an Oracle 9.2 RDBMS install.
    It now works and we can hit the 9i AS system through the web.

    Thanks.

    Author: Don Malzahn
    INET: dmalzahn_at_harper.cc.il.us

  • Jim.Conboy_at_trw.com at Nov 12, 2002 at 2:24 pm
    Don-

    Look for port conflicts between the Apache installed with 9iAS and the one with 9.2. If you're using web cache on iAS check the port that is using also.
    Are you using iAS Release 2 (9.0.2)? If so, and both the infrastructure and mid-tier are on the same server, they will each have their own orahome with apache. iAS Release 2 is smart enough to keep its various apaches, etc on diffferent ports but the 9.2 DB install might not be.

    Jim

    While trying to retrieve the URL: <http://cmms.harper.cc.il.us/pls/ftrn/loc.login> http://cmms.harper.cc.il.us/pls/ftrn/loc.login
    The following error was encountered:
    * Connection Failed
    The system returned:
    (61) Connection refused
    The remote host or network may be down. Please try the request again.

    Generated Mon, 11 Nov 2002 19:15:16 GMT by fw3.harper.cc.il.us (Squid/2.2.STABLE5)

    Thanks.

    Don Malzahn, IT/AS, Harper Community College Voice:(847) 925-6829
    E-mail: dmalzahn@harper.cc.il.us Web page: http://www.harpercollege.edu <http://www.harpercollege.edu/>
    "The only limit to our realization of tomorrow will be our doubts of today". - FDR

    INET: Jim.Conboy_at_trw.com