Come on folks...Help me, I am stuck...

I run Oracle 8.1.6 on Win 2k (Both standard ed.). I am trying to run the
export wizard through the Enterprise Manager Console by doing the following:
Under Database folder, I right click the Global Name (say ORCL) -> Data
Management -> Export ...
and it comes back with the error Either Preferred Credentials are not set or
the username and/or password are invalid for this database and node. You
must set the Preferred Credentials for the database and node in the Oracle
Enterprise Manager Console <>

I have logged in to EM-Console with SYSMAN user. Under System -> Preferences
-> Preferred Credential, for ORCL, I have tried using SYSMAN, SYSTEM and SYS
with Role as NORMAL, SYSDBA & SYSOPER.

I have no credentials setup for the Node (say ORATEST).

I am pretty new to Oracle 8i and hence may not be taking the right steps
required.

So, what Id should I log in to EM-Console with???
What ID should I put under preferred credential against ORCL database
What permissions does this ID need to have (Can they be provided logging in
to sql plus with System or Sys account)
What ID should I put under preferred credential against Node ORATEST (Does
this ID need to have any prerequisites/permissions)
Any other info. I need to provide???

Thanks
Arif

Author: Arif Khan (GWL)
INET: Arif.Khan_at_Weston.ca

  • Paulo Gomes at Nov 6, 2002 at 3:56 pm
    u need to set the system operating credentials for the node u are using with
    a acount that has at least "logon as a batch job" directly assigned to it.
    Noramally it would administrator/Password
    regards
    Paulo

    Author: Arif Khan (GWL)
    INET: Arif.Khan_at_Weston.ca

    Author: Paulo Gomes
    INET: PGomes_at_Datinfor.pt

  • Phil Wilson (DBA) at Nov 6, 2002 at 3:56 pm
    A couple of things come to mind...

    Set credentials for the node ORATEST, usually the user you installed
    oracle with on the node.
    Set credentials for the database to be a user with DBA privileges,
    possibly even create a specific user to act as the primary user that you
    will do this and other jobs as.
    Ensure that the 'Logon as Batch Job' privilege is set for the Windows
    user that you used in the preferred credentials for the node.
    Connect to EM Repository as the SYSMAN user, this will enable you to test
    the functionality and you can use a specific user once the problems are
    worked out.

    HTH...

    Phil Wilson (phil_wilson_at_smartforce.com)
    DBA, Operations Group
    SkillSoft, Learning Solutions for the Human Enterprise
    506.462.1124(w)
    506.447.0334(c)

    Author: Arif Khan (GWL)
    INET: Arif.Khan_at_Weston.ca

    Author: Phil Wilson (DBA)
    INET: Phil_Wilson_at_smartforce.com

  • Ruth Gramolini at Nov 6, 2002 at 3:56 pm
    Sysman is not a user on the database. Set preferered credentials to someone who has sysdba privs or export full database, import full database privs.

    Ruth

    Author: Arif Khan (GWL)
    INET: Arif.Khan_at_Weston.ca

    Author: Ruth Gramolini
    INET: rgramolini_at_tax.state.vt.us

  • Yechiel Adar at Nov 6, 2002 at 5:29 pm
    If I remember correctly ( a big if) there is an option in the OEM menus to
    set the preferred credentials.

    Yechiel Adar
    Mehish

    Author: Arif Khan (GWL)
    INET: Arif.Khan_at_Weston.ca

    Author: Yechiel Adar
    INET: adar76_at_inter.net.il

  • Reginald.W.Bailey_at_jpmorgan.com at Nov 6, 2002 at 8:05 pm
    You need to set the credentials for the node. If you are doing an export
    on the node, OEM must be able to log into the node. As good practice, you
    should create a valid userid and password for each node listed by OEM. OEM
    cannot run a job on a node without having a userid to log onto the node
    with.

    RWB

    INET: Reginald.W.Bailey_at_jpmorgan.com