We are having a client machine with Linux as OS.
Our Oracle server is installed on Windows NT.

Does Linux support Oracle Developer 2000.
If so how do we connect our linux client with oracle server ?
Is there any difference in configuration of Net 8 (tnsnames.ora)
If yes then pls give the configuration

Thank you,
Deepa

INET: PK_Deepa/VGIL_at_vguard.satyam.net.in

  • Jan Pruner at Oct 24, 2002 at 1:13 pm

    We are having a client machine with Linux as OS.
    Our Oracle server is installed on Windows NT.

    Does Linux support Oracle Developer 2000.
    I don't know.
    If so how do we connect our linux client with oracle server ?
    Download Oracle for Linux and select to install only client software in
    installation GUI.
    Is there any difference in configuration of Net 8 (tnsnames.ora)
    No.

    JP

    Author: Jan Pruner
    INET: jan_at_pruner.cz