Hospital Logistics Inc.

Author: Saira Somani
INET: saira_somani_at_yahoo.com

  • Dennis M. Heisler at Oct 22, 2002 at 3:28 pm
    There's a known problem installing Oracle 8.1.x for Windows on a Pentium
    4. If you are using a version of the OUI lower than 1.7.1.9.0, you will
    get it. Try patch 1507768.

    Dennis

    Saira Somani wrote:
    I wonder if anyone could provide me with some insight on a problem our
    Sr. DBA is facing.

    We are trying to install Oracle 8.1.7 SE Release 3 on Win2K Server but
    our DBA believes that the problem lies with the hardware - a P4 Xeon
    processor.

    Has anyone else faced similar issues?

    Thanks,

    Saira Somani
    IT Support/Analyst
    Hospital Logistics Inc.

    Author: Saira Somani
    INET: saira_somani_at_yahoo.com

    Author: Dennis M. Heisler
    INET: dheisler_at_binghamton.edu

  • Yechiel Adar at Oct 22, 2002 at 3:49 pm
    Known problem with P4 is the Java jit.
    Copy the installation CD to disk, rename symcjit.dll to symcjit.old and try
    again.
    If still not working modify oraparm.ini (in the install directory) to:
    jre_memory_options=-nojit -ms16m -mx32m.

    Worked for me.

    Yechiel Adar
    Mehish

    Author: Saira Somani
    INET: saira_somani_at_yahoo.com

    Author: Yechiel Adar
    INET: adar76_at_inter.net.il

  • by way of Joerg Jost at Oct 22, 2002 at 3:49 pm