-----Original Message-----
Sent: 10 October 2002 11:59
To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L

Hello all,

I have a client who will be doing the data capture and give me the
data in a flat file.
what i need to do in oracle is load from that flat file to my database.
any scripts available ?? please send me across. ASAP....

Thanks and regards,

Santosh

INET: John.Hallas_at_vodafone.co.uk

  • Moyam_at_mtn.co.ug at Oct 10, 2002 at 2:03 pm
    You have got SQLLoader example scripts on your PC/laptop on which Oracle is
    installed.

    Check out C:\ORACLE\ORA81\RDBMS\DEMO on your Windows Installation. You will
    find scripts names UTCASEn.CTL.

    Edit these scripts to relfect your destination table, fields and you will be
    done.

    Moses Moya

    Putting a subject on your e-mails is useful to everyone

    I suggest you look at sqlloader. There are some good pages on the FAQ
    associated with this site
    http://www.orafaq.com <http://www.orafaq.com>

    HTH

    John

    I have a client who will be doing the data capture and give me the
    data in a flat file.
    what i need to do in oracle is load from that flat file to my database.
    any scripts available ?? please send me across. ASAP....

    Thanks and regards,

    Santosh

    INET: John.Hallas_at_vodafone.co.uk

    INET: moyam_at_mtn.co.ug

  • Don Malzahn at Oct 10, 2002 at 4:53 pm
    Santosh,

    The Oracle "Utilities" manual is not bad either, it explains sqlldr and
    export and import, all database utilities that come with the database.

    Find it at the Oracle web site if you don't have a copy.
    I suggest you look at sqlloader. There are some good pages on the FAQ
    associated with this site
    I have a client who will be doing the data capture and give me the
    data in a flat file.
    what i need to do in oracle is load from that flat file to my database.
    any scripts available ?? please send me across. ASAP....
    Don Malzahn, IT/AS, Harper Community College Voice:(847) 925-6829
    E-mail: dmalzahn@harper.cc.il.us Web page: http://www.harper.cc.il.us
    "The only limit to our realization of tomorrow will be our doubts of
    today". - FDR

    Author: Don Malzahn
    INET: dmalzahn_at_harper.cc.il.us

  • Santosh Varma at Oct 11, 2002 at 5:13 am
    Thanks to all and one who replied to me.

    santosh

    Author: Santosh Varma
    INET: vsantosh_at_psi.soft.net