I have a table test((NAME VARCHAR2(10),AGE NUMBER(2));

data of the table is

NAME AGE
---------- ---------
ANAND 1
BALU 2
CHANDU 3
DAVID 4

I want a query which give me the result as

NAME AGE
---------- ---------
ANAND 4
BALU 3
CHANDU 2
DAVID 1

Can any body pl. help me.

Anand Kumar
ITW Signode India Ltd

Author: Anand Kumar N
INET: anand_at_fps.itwsignode.co.in

  • Mikhail Ivanov at Oct 3, 2002 at 8:48 am

    3 ïËÔÑÂÒØ 2002 12:03, ÷Ù ÎÁÐÉÓÁÌÉ:
    I have a table test((NAME VARCHAR2(10),AGE NUMBER(2));

    data of the table is

    NAME AGE
    ---------- ---------
    ANAND 1
    BALU 2
    CHANDU 3
    DAVID 4

    I want a query which give me the result as

    NAME AGE
    ---------- ---------
    ANAND 4
    BALU 3
    CHANDU 2
    DAVID 1

    select NAME, 5-AGE AGE from test;
    Are you want that or "general" revers of AGE ?
    Can any body pl. help me.

    Anand Kumar
    ITW Signode India Ltd
    --
    ÷ÓÅÇÏ ÈÏÒÏÛÅÇÏ
    íÉÈÁÉÌ é×ÁÎÏ×

    aggregate or subquery

    is the error i am getting while i am executing the query.

    SELECT name

    FROM (SELECT c.name, COUNT(p.clientid) p_count

    FROM client c, project p

    WHERE c.clientid = p.clientid

    GROUP BY c.name) a,

    (SELECT MAX(COUNT(clientid)) p_max

    FROM project

    GROUP BY clientid) b

    WHERE a.p_count = b.p_max

    clientid and name are the columns in client table

    and projectid and clientid are the columns in project table.

    santosh