In my company, we require Oracle D.B.A. to maintain
development and production Oracle databases. This is a
permanent position. Our compnay is 24 yrs. old company.

Our company is situated on Route 128 in M.A.

We require the candidate urgently. If interested, please
send your resumes within the next two days to the
following e-mail: Rao.Rao_at_attbi.com

Following are the details for the job:

Our environment: Solaris 7 and solaris 8.

Databases versions: 804, 8.1.6.1, 8.1.7.3

OLTP databases and datawarehouse.

Veritas File System.

Middleware: Tuxedo and MQ series

Quest, DataMirror - Replication products

Apps: WebLogic

Following is the skill set for the candidate:

Following are essential requirements for an Oracle DBA.

Must have worked as Oracle developer at least 3 years.

Must have been working as Oracle DBA at least for the
last 3 years in a
PRODUCTION environment in 8i. (We don't want development
DBA's).

Must have excellent knowledge in installing Oracle
software and its
products. Must have installed patches in his earlier job.

Thorough knowledge in Backup and Recovery procedures.
Must be able to
solve scenarios during the interview.

Good knowlege in Oracle tuning process. Must be able
to solve scenarios
during the interview.

Must have good knowledge in running various
statistical packages like
STATSPACK.

Excellent knowledge in shell programming and
understanding of awk and
sed usage.

Must be very familiar with Solaris 7 and higher
versions. Must have
general understanding of tuning/performance processes
involved on Unix
level. Should be able to give us various scenarious
he/she faced during
his
career in tuning.

Must have good understanding of PL/SQL, SQL.

Must be familiar with OMS and its tools.

Must have thorough understanding of RAID concepts and
its use in
Oracle.
And good knowledge on Oracle OFA methodology - -- This
is must.

Must have good knowledge on normalization techniques.

Must be familiar with Oracle Standby databases and
their running. --
This is essential.

Good communication skills and team work.

Optional but would have weightage:

Oracle 9i knowledge

Oracle RAC environment experience.

Datawarehous knowledge and issues involved in setting
up production
datawarehouses

Understanding of Veritas

Knowledge about design tools like Oracle
Designer/ERwin

Knowledge about Quest

Knowledge about DataMirror

General understanding of WebLogic

Understanding Tuxedo or MQM

Knowledge in C programing.

Rao

INET: rao.rao_at_attbi.com

  • Gene Sais at Oct 2, 2002 at 4:38 pm
    lol, i love #1 & #2, developer but not a development dba. good luck in your search, quite a few requirements :)

    gene
    rao.rao_at_attbi.com 10/02/02 11:50AM >>>

    Author: Gene Sais
    INET: Gsais_at_co.palm-beach.fl.us

  • Ltiu at Oct 2, 2002 at 5:14 pm
    You know what, this means the people who are hiring does not know what
    they are looking for.

    Gene Sais wrote:
[...]

    1. Must have worked as Oracle developer at least 3 years.

    2. Must have been working as Oracle DBA at least for the
    last 3 years in a
    PRODUCTION environment in 8i. (We don't want development
    DBA's).

    3. Must have excellent knowledge in installing Oracle
    software and its
    products. Must have installed patches in his earlier job.

    4. Thorough knowledge in Backup and Recovery procedures.
    Must be able to
    solve scenarios during the interview.

    5. Good knowlege in Oracle tuning process. Must be able
    to solve scenarios
    during the interview.

    4. Must have good knowledge in running various
    statistical packages like
    STATSPACK.
    5. Excellent knowledge in shell programming and
    understanding of awk and
    sed usage.

    6. Must be very familiar with Solaris 7 and higher
    versions. Must have
    general understanding of tuning/performance processes
    involved on Unix
    level. Should be able to give us various scenarious
    he/she faced during
    his
    career in tuning.

    7. Must have good understanding of PL/SQL, SQL.

    8. Must be familiar with OMS and its tools.

    9. Must have thorough understanding of RAID concepts and
    its use in
    Oracle.
    And good knowledge on Oracle OFA methodology - -- This
    is must.

    10. Must have good knowledge on normalization techniques.

    11. Must be familiar with Oracle Standby databases and
    their running. --
    This is essential.

    12. Good communication skills and team work.

    Optional but would have weightage:

    1. Oracle 9i knowledge

    2. Oracle RAC environment experience.

    3. Datawarehous knowledge and issues involved in setting
    up production
    datawarehouses

    4. Understanding of Veritas

    5. Knowledge about design tools like Oracle
    Designer/ERwin

    6. Knowledge about Quest

    7. Knowledge about DataMirror

    8. General understanding of WebLogic

    9. Understanding Tuxedo or MQM

    10. Knowledge in C programing.

    Rao

    --
    ltiu
    3/4 OCP 9i Eh?

    Author: ltiu
    INET: ltiu_at_alumni.sfu.ca

  • Markham, Richard at Oct 2, 2002 at 5:39 pm
    Is it that or is it a new goal to get a developer than can play part time
    DBA

    or vice versa and reap all the benefits for the price of one?

    Author: ltiu
    INET: ltiu_at_alumni.sfu.ca

    Author: Markham, Richard
    INET: RMarkham_at_hafeleamericas.com

  • Weaver, Walt at Oct 2, 2002 at 5:39 pm
    Yeah. Wow. Must be the first time in corporate bureaucracy history that sort
    of thing has happened.

    I'm shocked.

    --Walt Weaver
    Bozeman, Montana