I do think of using XML but I don't know how to do it

Author: Raymond
INET: raymond_at_infopro.com.my

  • Deshpande, Kirti at Oct 1, 2002 at 4:13 am
    You can use SQL*Plus COPY command to copy data from Production into
    development database.
    You can create a link from Development database to Production database,
    and then use insert into Development database table by selecting data from
    table_at_Production database.
    You can use export with QUERY option to export just the rows you need
    from each table in Production and import those into Development database.
    However, it will depend on how easy it is to get to the required data by the
    QUERY option (available with Oracle 8i).

    I would go with #1 first.
    Check SQL*Plus Reference Guide for (1) and (2)
    Check Utilities Guide for (3).

    HTH..

    Kirti