Hi All,
I ve a JSP application. Each time I query database ( oracle 9i) from the
page, I see that the no.of cursors increments by one. I m accessing database
using JDBC, I close resultset and statement objects after query. But I m not
closing Connection object since I use a Connection Pool.
Can anyone tell why the no,of cursors increasing each time ?
Thanks in advance
Thanks

Search Discussions

  • Ji, Richard at Sep 10, 2002 at 8:43 pm
    What type of JDBC driver are u using? I haven't used 9i yet.
    But some 8i OCI drivers caches the cursor even if you close the ResultSet,
    Statement object. Thus you will see it increments. You will have to
    close the Connection object which is not good like your situation since
    you are pooling them.

    No to doubt your programming ability but you should also check to see
    how and where the ResultSet and Statement are closed. I have gone
    through codes that the developer claim that they closed everything, but
    if the statement is not at the right place, just having a closed statement
    doesn't necessarily means it will get closed.

    Richard Ji

    Author: JOSHY MON M C
    INET: JOSHYMON_at_nestec.net