Marul.

Author: Marul Mehta
INET: marul_at_zycus.com

  • Naveen Nahata at Aug 31, 2002 at 6:28 pm
    Firstly, you are only inserting 100-400 records daily, which is not a big
    deal. Even if there was a way to stop the indexes from getting updated, it
    won't increase the performance by a noticable amount.

    Secondly, there is no way(as far as i know) to make the indexes READ-ONLY
    with the table in READ-WRITE mode.

    Thirdly, rebuilding 20 indexes on a table with 1 million record will take a
    long time, in comparison updation by 100-400 records is nothing.

    It neither feasible nor advisable.

    Naveen