I had noticed that one of our triggers is performing very badly. I had disabled the trigger to test replication and there was a issue with the trigger. When the developer changed the trigger and enabled it, replication slowed down to one record per second (other tables are being updated, instered, and deleted from).

I analyzed the plans for all sql statements generated in the trigger itself and they are all using the correct indices etc. There are no full table scans etc. We have simliar trigger on our other replicated tables that are not seeing THIS bad performance.

Any one have any suggestions/links for putting this trigger through the paces to determine the bottleneck?

Thanks,

Hannah
INET: johanna.doran_at_sungard.com

  • Suzy Vordos at Aug 21, 2002 at 9:28 pm
    If the trigger does DML, check that it's written to not fire for
    replicated transactions, just local ones, using
    DBMS_REPUTIL.FROM_REMOTE.

    Hi,

    Author: Suzy Vordos
    INET: lvordos_at_qwest.com

  • Aponte, Tony at Aug 21, 2002 at 9:44 pm
    Hi Hannah,

    Have you looked into the DBMS_PROFILER and DBMS_TRACE packages? They can be used to trace PL/SQL execution and performance.

    Tony Aponte
    Home Shopping Network, Inc.

    Author: Aponte, Tony
    INET: AponteT_at_hsn.net

  • Gogala, Mladen at Aug 21, 2002 at 9:55 pm
    Make a dedicated server connection, execute the following
    statement
    alter session set events='10046 trace name context forever, level 10';
    and ship the resulting trace file to Cary. More about the details
    on http://www.hotsos.com

    Author: Gogala, Mladen
    INET: MGogala_at_oxhp.com