I created a user J1416 with default, temp tablespaces
with password expire.

Then I granted CREATE SESSION to J1416

And then I tried to give select privs to the user
J1416. Got the following error message. I did this
while logged in as system with DBA role (checked
select * from session_roles). Why is this not working.
Please help. J2400 owns table TBL_A.

SQL> GRANT SELECT ON J2400.TBL_A TO J1416;

GRANT SELECT ON J2400.TBL_A TO J1416

*

ERROR at line 1:
ORA-01031: insufficient privileges

thank you
Srinivas

Do You Yahoo!?
http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com
Author: Srinivas
INET: zirraffeee_at_yahoo.com

  • Suzy Vordos at Jun 21, 2002 at 9:33 pm
    Connect as J2400 user then execute the grant.

    Author: Srinivas
    INET: zirraffeee_at_yahoo.com

    Author: Suzy Vordos
    INET: lvordos_at_qwest.com