Hi All,

I was wondering if anyone has had problems with Oracle 9i Agent starting
up on Windows 2000 server.

The following entries are written in the log files. I would really
appreciate if anyone can shed some light on my problem so I can get the
Agent started :-(

Thanks
Ian

Agntsrvc.log
-------------- [OracleOraHome90Agent] ------------
Sending initial service status..
Commandline is "D:\oracle\ora90\bin\dbsnmpwd.bat" -agent_name
OracleOraHome90Agent
2. WAIT_OBJECT_0: Agent exited with retCode 0.
Agent failed to startup.
Check D:\oracle\ora90\network\log\OracleOraHome90Agent.nohup for details

OracleOraHome90Agent.nohup
Service name is OracleOraHome90Agent
nmiumini_initializeUM: Unable to initialize UQFailed while initializing
user subsystem
Error initializing subsystems
Agent exited on 06/05/2002 2:23p with return value 55
Could not start agent. Initialization failure
Agent startup failed. Check
D:\oracle\ora90\network\log\OracleOraHome90Agent.nohup for details

Dbsnmp.log
DBSNMP for 32-bit Windows: Version 9.0.1.0.1 - Production on 06-MAY-2002
14:23:03

Copyright (c) 2001 Oracle Corporation. All rights reserved.

System parameter file is D:\oracle\ora90\network\admin\snmp_ro.ora
Log messages written to D:\oracle\ora90\network\log\dbsnmp.log
Trace information written to D:\oracle\ora90\network\trace\dbsnmp.trc
Trace level is currently 0

NMS-00001: Warning: dbsnmp unable to connect to SNMP master agent

Author: Biddell, Ian
INET: Ian.Biddell_at_COMPAQ.com

  • Vadim Gorbounov at May 6, 2002 at 2:43 pm
    Hi, Ian,

    Try this:

    1. remove *.q files from network/agent subdir
    2. remove services.ora from network/agent subdir
    3. remove snmp_*.ora from network/admin subdir
    4. restart agent

    HTH

    Vadim

    Author: Vadim Gorbounov