We have a database that is currently patched to release 8.1.7.2.
I am about to install an additional product to the 8.1.7.2 Oracle Server
Home.
In this case it is "Oracle Transparent Gateway for Sybase" - but my question
is for any "additional Oracle Product" that I might install - after
performing a patch set upgrade.

In this case I noticed that the 8.1.7.2 patch set included approx 7 patches
for that are related to this product (Gateway - Heterogeneous Services).

My question is :
When I install this product into my 8.1.7.2 home - do I need to reinstall
the related patches that were in the 8.1.7.2 patch set ?
OR
Are they applied when I install the new product on to my 8.1.7.2 home ?

Patrick J. Howe
Oracle DBA
Illuminet Inc. (Carrier Division of Verisign)
4501 Intelco Loop SE
Olympia, WA 98507
Phone : 360.493.6284
Email : phowe_at_illuminet.com