Hi DBAs,

I have I think is a very simple package but I cannot get it to compile
because of the following error. Can anyone see what the problem is? The
message suggest an error in the specification. Wow only 2 lines of code in
the spec.

PLS-00905: object PKG_ARGS is invalid
PLS-00304: cannot compile body of pkg_args without its specification.

Thanks
Rick

CREATE OR REPLACE PACKAGE pkg_args AS
TYPE ref_args IS REF_CURSOR;
PROCEDURE get_args (i_proc_name IN VARCHAR2,i_pkg_name IN VARCHAR2,refargs
OUT ref_args);
END;

/

CREATE OR REPLACE PACKAGE BODY pkg_args AS
PROCEDURE get_args (i_proc_name IN VARCHAR2,i_pkg_name IN
VARCHAR2,refargs OUT ref_args) AS
BEGIN

OPEN refargs FOR 'select argument_name || '','' || data_length || '',''
data_precision || '','' || data_scale || '', '' || data_type ||
'', '' || in_out

from all_arguments where object_name = ' || i_proc_name ||
'and package_name = '|| i_pkg_name;

END;

END;

/

INET: Rick_Cale_at_teamhealth.com

  • Rick_Cale_at_teamhealth.com at Mar 26, 2002 at 1:23 pm
    Never mind, REF_CURSOR should be REF CURSOR. It's early

    Rick Cale
    To: ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com, oracledba_at_lazydba.com
    03/26/2002 cc:
    08:18 AM Subject: Error in compiling package