-Seema

Author: Seema Singh
INET: oracledbam_at_hotmail.com

  • Charlie Mengler at Mar 21, 2002 at 10:23 pm

    Seema Singh wrote:

    Hi
    If I want to install oracle 9i Database and oracle 9iAS on same box.
    Is it necessary to have diffrent home for both or same?
    use DIFFERENT home directories
    If I use oracle as unix loginname for oracle9i database then can I use same
    unix loginname for Oracle 9iAS or not?
    Yes, you can use "oracle" for both, but will need a way to change ORACLE_HOME.

    FWIW - I don't believe that all pieces of 9iAS are actually certified
    to run with 9i DB.

    Author: Charlie Mengler
    INET: charliem_at_mwh.com

  • Hemantchitale_at_charteredsemi.com at Mar 22, 2002 at 3:43 am
    Actually, there are a number of InterOperability patches for
    9iAS 1.0.2.2 with the 9iDB.
    I'm only running 9iAS 1.0.2.2 against 8.1.7 yet.

    BTW, if you check the Certification Matrix on Metalink, do not
    select the product "Application Server (9iAS)" This contains
    incomplete certification for 9iAS 9.0.2 on Solaris.
    Select "Internet Products" and then "Oracle9i Application Server Enterprise
    Edition"

    Quoting the certification :
    "Oracle9iAS Rel1 (V1.0.2.2.x) is certified to run against a Oracle9i
    Database 9.0.1 (on all supported platforms) in RAC

    configuration.
    9iAS 1.0.2.2 can run against any certified 9.0.1 (9i) backend
    database, with exceptions and limitations:
    Oracle9iAS Database Cache and Oracle Enterprise Manager
    functionality are NOT supported in this
    configuration.
    In order to run in this configuration, Oracle9iAS Forms
    Services users should apply Oracle Forms Patch 5.
    Oracle9iAS Portal - Apply patches for bugs1794996 and
    1806057. Apply workaround
    (07_DICTIONARY_ACCESSIBILITY =true) for bug 1554423
    Users connecting from Oracle9iAS v1022 to Oracle9i database
    through jdbc thin drivers - Apply patch for bug
    1725012 "

    9iAS Wireless, J2EE (OC4J), iFS, Unified Messaging and eMail Server are,
    surpringly, listed seperately in the certification.

    Hemant K Chitale
    Principal DBA
    Chartered Semiconductor Manufacturing Ltd

    "Charlie Mengler" 22/03/2002 06:23 AM
    Sent by: root_at_fatcity.com

    Please respond to ORACLE-L

    cc: (bcc: CHITALE Hemant Krishnarao/IT/CHRT/ST Group)
    Subject: Re: ORACLE 9i Database and Oracle9ias application

    Author: Charlie Mengler
    INET: charliem_at_mwh.com

    [This e-mail is confidential and may also be privileged. If you are not the
    intended recipient, please delete it and notify us immediately; you should
    not copy or use it for any purpose, nor disclose its contents to any other
    person. Thank you.]

    INET: hemantchitale_at_charteredsemi.com