E.Onder Kokturk

Author: E.Onder Kokturk
INET: kokturk_at_egenet.com.tr

  • Deshpande, Kirti at Mar 1, 2002 at 1:48 pm
    Use the FILE= and FILESIZE= option to create multiple dump files from the
    export. You can size them less than 2GB as you mentioned. FTP those in
    binary mode to the target server. Use imp FILE= option with the file names
    in the same sequence as in exp. And you should be fine.

    Test this process to exp/imp a table or two to get acquainted with it.

    I have done this across UNIX servers without any issues.

    HTH,

    Kirti