FYI,

I just tried to ask Compaq if course 620 is still offered
(http://www5.compaq.com/training/620.html), and the message I got on their
voice mail was:

"Due to technical difficulties your call cannot be completed. Please try
again."

Then, a dial tone.

Their Web site does not list any class times for this course, that I could
find.

I am going to try again, but if anyone has info on where Oracle on Tru64
courses are offered, please let me know.

Regards,
Patrice Boivin
Systems Analyst (Oracle Certified DBA)

Systems Admin & Operations | Admin. et Exploit. des systèmes
Technology Services | Services technologiques
Informatics Branch | Direction de l'informatique
Maritimes Region, DFO | Région des Maritimes, MPO

E-Mail: boivinp_at_mar.dfo-mpo.gc.ca

Author: Boivin, Patrice J
INET: BoivinP_at_mar.dfo-mpo.gc.ca

  • Browett, Darren at Feb 5, 2002 at 6:51 pm
    Try http://www.globalknowledge.com/canada they have courses for Oracle and
    Tru64, not sure
    if they have "a" course for Oracle on Tru64.

    I attended a Tru64 course in Toronto, it was really good.

    Darren

    Author: Boivin, Patrice J
    INET: BoivinP_at_mar.dfo-mpo.gc.ca

    Author: Browett, Darren
    INET: dbrowett_at_city.coquitlam.bc.ca

  • Boivin, Patrice J at Feb 5, 2002 at 7:10 pm
    Thanks, but there is nothing specifically for Oracle on Tru64 UNIX.

    Compaq used to offer four courses, they have no dates now.

    Oracle used to offer courses (if I remember correctly) through their Masters
    program (the old version), but no longer OS-specific.

    I think Compaq is floundering...

    Author: Boivin, Patrice J
    INET: BoivinP_at_mar.dfo-mpo.gc.ca

    Author: Browett, Darren
    INET: dbrowett_at_city.coquitlam.bc.ca

    Author: Boivin, Patrice J
    INET: BoivinP_at_mar.dfo-mpo.gc.ca

  • Orantdba at Feb 5, 2002 at 9:06 pm
    HI All,

    I found course 616 being offerred as shown below:

    Compaq/Oracle8i for Tru64 UNIX
    Course Number: 616

    Course Description:
    Compaq and Oracle are pleased to announce a joint training

    initiative and the availability of a special Compaq/Oracle8i Integration
    and Performance course offering. This new offering is a 5-day consecutive
    program that is made up of two individual classes presented in the
    following order:
    Oracle Internet Database Operator for Windows NT - Normally
    presented by Oracle as a four-day stand-alone course Compaq/Oracle8i
    Integration and Performance with Tru64 UNIX - Normally presented
    by Compaq as a three-day stand-alone course
    This course provides in-depth technical information about integration,
    tuning, and optimization of Oracle8i on Compaq platforms. Demonstrations,
    labs, and discussion sessions are focused on how to create an optimized
    installation and how to select a balance between performance, cost,
    and fault tolerance. Real world issues such as planning, sizing,

    performance monitoring and tuning will be addressed.

    It is being offered in
    Framing ham, MA April 8-12
    June 3-7
    Lakewood, CO      April 22-26

    Los Angelos, CA    April 15 - 19

    Hope this helps,
    John

    BoivinP_at_mar.dfo-mpo.gc.ca wrote:

    Thanks, but there is nothing specifically for Oracle on Tru64 UNIX.Compaq used to offer four courses, they have no dates now.Oracle used to offer courses (if I remember correctly) through their Mastersprogram (the old version), but no longer OS-specific.I think Compaq is floundering...Regards,Patrice BoivinSystems Analyst (Oracle Certified DBA)Systems Admin & Operations | Admin. et Exploit. des systèmesTechnology Services | Services technologiquesInformatics Branch | Direction de l'informatique Maritimes Region, DFO | Région des Maritimes, MPOE-Mail: boivinp_at_mar.dfo-mpo.gc.ca -----Original Message-----Sent: Tuesday, February 05, 2002 2:41 PMTo: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-LSubject: RE: Compaq Oracle on Tru64 UNIX courseTry http://www.globalknowledge.com/canada" rel="nofollow">http://www.globalknowledge.com/canada">http://www.globalknowledge.com/canada they have courses for Oracle andTru64, not sureif they have "a" course for Oracle on Tru64.I attended a Tru64 course in Toronto, it was really good.Darren-----Original Message-----Sent: February 5, 2002 9:26 AMTo: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-LFYI,I just tried to ask Compaq if course 620 is still offered(http://www5.compaq.com/training/620.html), and the message I got on theirvoice mail was:"Due to technical difficulties your call cannot be completed. Please tryagain."Then, a dial tone.Their Web site does not list any class times for this course, that I couldfind.I am going to try again, but if anyone has info on where Oracle on Tru64courses are offered, please le
    t me know. Regards,Patrice BoivinSystems Analyst (Oracle Certified DBA)Systems Admin & Operations | Admin. et Exploit. des systèmesTechnology Services | Services technologiquesInformatics Branch | Direction de l'informatique Maritimes Region, DFO | Région des Maritimes, MPOE-Mail: boivinp_at_mar.dfo-mpo.gc.ca

grouporacle-l @
categoriesoracle
postedFeb 5, '02 at 6:13p
activeFeb 5, '02 at 9:06p