I am looking at my 2002 training schedule and would like to know if you can
"recommend" a class in any of the following dba topics :

RMAN

Setting and configuring RMAN
Backing up using RMAN
Recovery using RMAN
Note that I have taken the Oracle Backup and Recovery class for 7.3 before
they introduced RMAN - therefore I am looking for a RMAN centric class.

Oracle Performance Tuning
Using and analyzing StatsPack
General instance tuning

Oracle High Availability Configuration AND Advanced Failover
Configurations
Standby Databases
Parallel Server
Replication
etc

If you are recommending a class please supply the name of the company and
possibly the instructor (the same company can have good and bad
instructors).
Also let me know why you liked the class.

Thanks in advance !!

Patrick J. Howe
Oracle DBA

Author: Pat Howe
INET: phowe_at_Illuminet.com

  • Joe Testa at Dec 28, 2001 at 10:23 pm
    Pat, thats easy, geekcruises.com.

    www.geekcruises.com, oracle odyssey, may 2002.

    i personally will be talking about backup/recovery concepts(which will
    include rman), oracle 9i data guard(failover, etc), both of those 3 hr
    presentations.

    check out the .pdf brochure, i'm sure what you are looking for will be
    covered.

    joe

    Pat Howe wrote:
    I am looking at my 2002 training schedule and would like to know if you can
    "recommend" a class in any of the following dba topics :

    1. RMAN
    Setting and configuring RMAN
    Backing up using RMAN
    Recovery using RMAN
    Note that I have taken the Oracle Backup and Recovery class for 7.3 before
    they introduced RMAN - therefore I am looking for a RMAN centric class.

    2. Oracle Performance Tuning
    Using and analyzing StatsPack
    General instance tuning

    3. Oracle High Availability Configuration AND Advanced Failover
    Configurations
    Standby Databases
    Parallel Server
    Replication
    etc

    If you are recommending a class please supply the name of the company and
    possibly the instructor (the same company can have good and bad
    instructors).
    Also let me know why you liked the class.

    Thanks in advance !!

    _________________________
    Patrick J. Howe
    Oracle DBA

    --
    Joe Testa, Oracle DBA
    Want to have a good time with a bunch of geeks? Check out:

    Author: Joe Testa
    INET: teci_at_the-testas.net

  • Paul Baumgartel at Dec 28, 2001 at 11:02 pm
    Joe, when people ask questions during these presentations, do you
    reply:

    RTFM

    Try it yourself and see
    nope

    ?;-)

    Joe Testa wrote:
    Pat, thats easy, geekcruises.com.

    www.geekcruises.com, oracle odyssey, may 2002.

    i personally will be talking about backup/recovery concepts(which
    will
    include rman), oracle 9i data guard(failover, etc), both of those 3
    hr
    presentations.

    check out the .pdf brochure, i'm sure what you are looking for will
    be
    covered.

    joe
    Do You Yahoo!?
    http://greetings.yahoo.com

    Author: Paul Baumgartel
    INET: treegarden_at_yahoo.com

  • Joe Testa at Dec 29, 2001 at 12:58 am
    D: all of the above.

    joe

    Paul Baumgartel wrote:
    Joe, when people ask questions during these presentations, do you
    reply:

    a. RTFM
    b. Try it yourself and see
    c. nope