Polaroid Corp
Author: Hand, Michael T
INET: HANDM_at_polaroid.com

  • Jesse, Rich at Dec 14, 2001 at 4:55 pm
    I'm thinking that depending on how you're doing the upgrade (migration),
    your statistics could change, which could obviously change the execution
    plan. This could happen if you use the export/import method.

    You might also want to check out the OPTIMIZER_% init.ora parameters and
    their defaults for 8i.

    Just a thought. When we went from 8.0 to 8.1, we also did RBO->CBO at the
    same time. So *all* our execution plans changed!

    Rich Jesse System/Database Administrator
    Rich.Jesse_at_qtiworld.com Quad/Tech International, Sussex, WI USA