Hi!

Is it possible to install two client versions (8.1.6 and 8.1.7) on the same Sun Solaris box?
The reason for that is that we are using BEA Weblogic, which requires a specific Oracle client version and our application needs another one. Don't ask me about the sense behind it...

This is 8.1.6/8.1.7 on Sun Solaris.

Thanks,
Helmut

Search Discussions

  • SARKAR, Samir at Dec 13, 2001 at 4:13 pm
    Yes, u can but u will need
    to have two separate ORACLE_HOME, maybe one
    could be
    /u01/app/oracle/product/8.1.6 and the other
    /u01/app/oracle/product/8.1.7.

    Samir

    Samir Sarkar
    Oracle DBA - Lennon
    Team SchlumbergerSema
    Email :
    samir.sarkar_at_nottingham.sema.slb.com
    samir.sarkar_at_sema.co.uk Phone : +44 (0) 115 - 95 76217
    EPABX : +44 (0) 115 - 957 6418

    Ext. 76217 Fax
    : +44 (0) 115 - 957
    6018

    -----Original Message-----From: Daiminger, Helmut
    Sent: 13 December 2001
    15:10To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-LSubject:
    Install of two client versions on same box
    Hi!
    Is it possible to install two client versions (8.1.6 and
    8.1.7) on the same Sun Solaris box? The reason for
    that is that we are using BEA Weblogic, which requires a specific Oracle
    client version and our application needs another one. Don't ask me about the
    sense behind it...
    This is 8.1.6/8.1.7 on Sun Solaris.
    Thanks, Helmut

    SchlumbergerSema.
    If you are not the intended recipient, be advised that you have received this
    email in error and that any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing, or
    copying of this email is strictly prohibited.

    If you have received this email in error please notify the SchlumbergerSema Helpdesk by telephone on +44 (0) 121 627 5600.
  • Aponte, Tony at Dec 13, 2001 at 4:57 pm
    This
    is very easy if you follow OFA standards for software installation.  The
    different versions are installed as sub-directories of the $ORACLE_BASE
    directories (i.e... /oracle/app/oracle/product/8160,
    /oracle/app/oracle/product/8172).  You then switch versions by changing
    your ORACLE_HOME, LD_LIBRARY_PATH, etc.

    Tony
    Aponte

    -----Original Message-----From: Daiminger, Helmut
    Sent: Thursday, December
    13, 2001 10:10 AMTo: Multiple recipients of list
    ORACLE-LSubject: Install of two client versions on same
    box
    Hi!
    Is it possible to install two client versions (8.1.6 and
    8.1.7) on the same Sun Solaris box? The reason for
    that is that we are using BEA Weblogic, which requires a specific Oracle
    client version and our application needs another one. Don't ask me about the
    sense behind it...
    This is 8.1.6/8.1.7 on Sun Solaris.
    Thanks, Helmut
  • Nikunj Gupta at Dec 14, 2001 at 7:03 am
    I would go ahead one step and suggest keep ORACLE
    BASE also separate for each Oracle Version.... And also take care of INVENTORY
    FILE...

    ------------------------------------Make a FREE long distance call from

    your PC!http://www.eboom.com/free/">http://www.eboom.com/free/

    Sent: Thursday, December
    13, 2001 10:10 AMTo: Multiple recipients of list
    ORACLE-LSubject: Install of two client versions on same
    box
    Hi!
    Is it possible to install two client versions (8.1.6 and
    8.1.7) on the same Sun Solaris box? The reason for
    that is that we are using BEA Weblogic, which requires a specific Oracle
    client version and our application needs another one. Don't ask me about the
    sense behind it...
    This is 8.1.6/8.1.7 on Sun Solaris.
    Thanks, Helmut

grouporacle-l @