well, if the deletion was comitted, the only way to get your data back
is by doing
recovery from your latest backup.

I just see that you're addressing the sql*plus group.
Try ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com, that's a DBA group.

By the way, don't you have an on-site DBA ???

greetings,
Stefan

Jane Chen schrieb:
Hi Folks:

Sorry to write the mail to this group, because I haven't had the address
from OracleDBA groups, and it is ergent. If someboday there can give us a
tip or tell me the right group address, it would be grateful.

We have problems with our datas which were stored in oracle8i. Some of our
users have deleted some data which was stored by application (programmed by
jsp) maybe carelessly or sth unintended. Now they want them back.

The problem is, we can not see all the records in the server now, is there
any methods to rollback or from the backup files the lost datas to recover?
It is ergent, I need your helps ASAP.

regards.
jane

Become an ODTUGer and be a voice to Oracle! Join now at www.odtug.com/join.htm
ODTUG 2002 at Caesars Palace in Las Vegas, NV, June 17-21, 2002
Author: Jane Chen
INET: janeoracle_at_hotmail.com

This Mail has been checked for Viruses
Attention: Encrypted mails can NOT be checked!

**

Diese Mail wurde auf Viren geprueft
Hinweis: Verschluesselte mails koennen NICHT auf Viren geprueft werden!
Author: Stefan Jahnke
INET: stefan.jahnke_at_d2vodafone.de

  • Don Granaman at Nov 13, 2001 at 6:31 pm
    You will need to perform a restore and point-in-time recovery from
    backup. The best option, if you have other changes that need to be
    preserved, is to do a tablespace point in time recovery (TSPITR).
    This requires restoring the appropriate backup files to create another
    database, rolling the appropriate tablespace(s) forward to just before
    the "bad" deletes, exporting the appropriate tables, truncating those
    tables in production, and importing the tables exported from the
    TSPITR. The exact mechanism best used to do the TSPITR is dependent
    on your version of Oracle and how you do backups (rman in 8i has
    innate TSPITR capability).

    If you have to preserver other changes in the tables affected, then
    there is no such "simple" solution - do the steps outlines above
    except for the export/import. Then create table(s) in the database
    used for TSPITR "... as select ... from ..." - getting only those
    records needed to be restored. Then export new table, import into the
    production database, and insert into the "real" table.

    There are perhaps a few other options, but this is, believe it or
    not, the most straightforward.

    You DO have a DBA don't you? If not, you will need a consultant!
    This isn't particularly easy for the uninitiated. It will probably
    not be particularly fast either - depending on quite a number of
    factors (space, size, prior planning for this contingency, ...).

    -Don Granaman
    [OraSaurus]

    Author: Jane Chen
    INET: janeoracle_at_hotmail.com

    Fat City Network Services -- (858) 538-5051 FAX: (858)
    538-5051
    San Diego, California -- Public Internet access / Mailing
    Lists
    may
    also send the HELP command for other information (like
    subscribing).

    Author: Stefan Jahnke
    INET: stefan.jahnke_at_d2vodafone.de

    Author: Don Granaman
    INET: granaman_at_home.com

  • Deepak Thapliyal at Nov 13, 2001 at 7:40 pm
    hey don .. did i see a hidden plug in there are what
    .. just kidding..

    Jane, I had posted detailed tspitr steps to this list
    which i tried last week .. and it is a pain in the
    butt to configure.. that said rman tspitr is probably
    the way to go as don pointed out as compared to OS
    tspitr which is a totally manual process

    so best of luck jane ..

    Deepak

    http://explorer.msn.com/intl.asp
    Become an ODTUGer and be a voice to Oracle! Join
    now at
    www.odtug.com/join.htm
    ODTUG 2002 at Caesars Palace in Las Vegas, NV,
    June 17-21, 2002
    Fat City Network Services -- (858) 538-5051
    FAX: (858)
    538-5051
    San Diego, California -- Public Internet
    access / Mailing
    Lists
    To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send
    an E-Mail message
    'ListGuru') and
    in
    the message BODY, include a line containing:
    UNSUB ODTUG-SQLPLUS-L
    (or the name of mailing list you want to be
    removed from). You
    may
    also send the HELP command for other information
    (like
    subscribing).
    This Mail has been checked for Viruses
    Attention: Encrypted mails can NOT be checked!

    **

    Diese Mail wurde auf Viren geprueft
    Hinweis: Verschluesselte mails koennen NICHT auf
    Viren geprueft
    werden!
    --
    Please see the official ORACLE-L FAQ:
    http://www.orafaq.com
    Fat City Network Services -- (858) 538-5051
    FAX: (858) 538-5051
    San Diego, California -- Public Internet
    access / Mailing
    Lists

    E-Mail message
    'ListGuru') and in

    Author: Don Granaman
    INET: granaman_at_home.com

    Fat City Network Services -- (858) 538-5051 FAX:
    (858) 538-5051
    San Diego, California -- Public Internet
    access / Mailing Lists
    E-Mail message
    'ListGuru') and in
    ORACLE-L
    from). You may
    also send the HELP command for other information
    (like subscribing).
    Do You Yahoo!?
    http://personals.yahoo.com

    Author: Deepak Thapliyal