I have a collection of *mmb, *olb, & *plx files
which are needed to successfully compile *fmb files in *fmx.
At the present I have all of these libraries residing in a
single directory which is included in FORMS60_PATH; but f60gen
does not seem to be able to resolve objects that reside in
these libraries.

If/when I placed the fmb file into this "library" directory
and make it my current working directory, I can successfully
get f60gen to create the desired *fmx file.

So far Oracle Tech. Sup. has been unable to assist.
It is not clear whether the source of the problem is
related to an environmental variable, filename case
sensitivity (since the FMB files were created on NT),
or something else.

I'd like to hear from anyone who is successfully using
*mmb, *olb, & *plx files on Unix to generate fmx files.

--

Charlie Mengler Maintenance Warehouse
charliem_at_mwh.com 10641 Scripps Summit Ct.

There is at least one infinite resource in the universe. Stupidity!
Author: Charlie Mengler
INET: charliem_at_mwh.com

  • Niyi Olajide at Sep 21, 2001 at 2:35 pm
    Hi Charlie,

    Dont know about f60gen.

    However, I do compile forms with the f60genm and works fine.
    I scratched the script below to make my task a bit easier, so I just do
    compile form formname.fmb or
    compile menu menuname.mmb as applicable.

    You can try modifying the environment vairables below, to suit your
    environment, (no pun intended!). Whats more, you can even enahance it and
    let me have a copy when you're done. I'll like to make it as parameterised
    as possible, as soon I can squeeze out some 30 minutes.

    HTH,

    Niyi

    #!/bin/sh
    ## Script to compile a form for the PayPers froms server
    ## Refer to Install Doc for more detail on each of these environment

    variables
    ## Scratched by Niyi Olajide 13th September 2001

    #ORACLE_HOME=/oracle/9i/OraIasHome/6iserver; export ORACLE_HOME
    ORACLE_HOME=/oracle/9i/OraIasHome/6iserver; export ORACLE_HOME

    echo "..."
    echo "...Forms Compiler Script..."
    if [ "$1" ]
    then
    form=$ORACLE_HOME/forms60/PayPers/Forms/$1.fmb

    else
    echo "`basename $0`: no form specified"
    echo "Usage: `basename $0` { form name }, path searched is
    /oracle/9i/OraIasHome/6iserver/forms60/PayPers/forms } "

    echo "(c) 2001 Niyi Olajide "
    exit 1
    fi

    ## If you need more than one directory in your path, all directories should
    be
    ## separated by ':'
    PATH=$ORACLE_HOME/bin:"$PATH"; export PATH
    LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$ORACLE_HOME/lib:/usr/openwin/lib:/usr/dt/lib:$ORACLE_HOME/n
    etwork/jre11/lib/sparc/native_threads; export LD_LIBRARY_PATH

    ## You may need to set TWO_TASK or ORACLE_SID to connect to database
    #TWO_TASK=; export TWO_TASK
    ORACLE_SID=devdb; export ORACLE_SID
    #COMP_DB=devdb; export COMP_DB

    ## setting for Forms runtime
    # Forms Server looks in FORMS60_PATH for Forms to run
    FORMS60_PATH=$ORACLE_HOME/forms60:$ORACLE_HOME/forms60/PayPers/Forms:"$FORMS
    60_PATH"; export FORMS60_PATH
    FORMS60_OUTPUT=$ORACLE_HOME/tools/web60/temp; export FORMS60_OUTPUT
    TNS_ADMIN=/oracle/9i/OraHome/network/admin; export TNS_ADMIN
    #FORMS60_MAPPING=http://sparky:7777/dev60temp; export FORMS60_MAPPING
    FORMS60_MAPPING=http://sparky:7778; export FORMS60_MAPPING
    FORMS60_REPFORMAT=html; export FORMS60_REPFORMAT

    ## Need to have PRINTER or ORACLE_PRINTER or REPORTS60_NO_DUMMY_PRINTER
    # set if Forms will run a Report via RUN_PRODUCT
    if [ "$PRINTER" = "" ]
    then
    if [ "$ORACLE_PRINTER" = "" ]
    then
    REPORTS60_NO_DUMMY_PRINTER=; export REPORTS60_NO_DUMMY_PRINTER
    fi
    fi

    REPORTS60_PATH=$ORACLE_HOME/reports60/admin/templates:$ORACLE_HOME/tools/dev
    dem60/demo/reports; export REPORTS60_PATH

    echo "\nCompiling form "$form
    #echodo
    f60genm module=$form userid=hrman/hrman@$ORACLE_SID
    echo "(c) 2001 Niyi Olajide "