-Seema

Author: Seema Singh
INET: oracledbam_at_hotmail.com

  • Christopher Spence at Jul 20, 2001 at 4:14 pm
    Ora-1242 is a media error, I would check the checkpoint process trace file
    for other symptons. Also look for other process id's in the trace file.
    Can you restart the database? I suspect you are going to have to do a
    restore. I am going to guess you are not in archive log mode due to the
    error message.

    "Walking on water and developing software from a specification are easy if
    both are frozen."

    Christopher R. Spence
    Oracle DBA
    Fuelspot