I am looking for any recommendations/information on any CBT's or On-line
training for DBA's. I have some new junior people that I need to bring up
to speed and I haven't got the budget to send them all to Oracle for
training. Any info 'for' or 'against' these training methods would be
appreciated.
Deborah Csongradi
Senior Database Administrator
Edmonton Police Service

deborah.csongradi_at_police.edmonton.ab.ca
(780) 421-3567
(780) 421-2151 fax

"Health is wealth. Peace of mind is happiness."

CONFIDENTIALITY CAUTION: This message is intended only for the use
of the individual or entity to which it has been addressed and may contain
information that is privileged and confidential. If you are not the
intended recipient, or the employee or agent responsible for delivering
the message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any
prohibited. If this communication has been received in error, respond
immediately via telephone or return e-mail, and delete all copies of this
material.
Author: IT - Database (Do Not Use)
INET: dbamail_at_police.edmonton.ab.ca

  • JOE TESTA at Jul 17, 2001 at 4:59 pm
    oracle learning network.

    joe
    dbamail_at_police.edmonton.ab.ca 07/17/01 01:16PM
    I am looking for any recommendations/information on any CBT's or
    On-linetraining for DBA's.  I have some new junior people that I need
    to bring upto speed and I haven't got the budget to send them all to Oracle
    fortraining.  Any info 'for' or 'against' these training methods would
    beappreciated.>     Deborah Csongradi>
    Senior Database Administrator>
    Edmonton Police Service> >
    deborah.csongradi_at_police.edmonton.ab.ca>     (780)
    421-3567>     (780) 421-2151 fax> >
    "Health is wealth.  Peace of mind is happiness.">
    CONFIDENTIALITY CAUTION:  This message is
    intended only for the use> of the individual or entity to which it has
    been addressed and may contain> information that is privileged and
    confidential.  If you are not the> intended recipient, or the
    employee or agent responsible for delivering> the message to the intended
    recipient, you are hereby notified that any> dissemination, distribution
    or copying of this communication is strictly> prohibited.  If this
    communication has been received in error, respond> immediately via
    telephone or return e-mail, and delete all copies of this>
    material.> > -- Please see the official ORACLE-L FAQ: http://www.orafaq.com--" rel="nofollow">http://www.orafaq.com">http://www.orafaq.com-- Author: IT -
    Database (Do Not Use)  INET: dbamail_at_police.edmonton.ab.caFat
    City Network Services    -- (858) 538-5051  FAX: (858)
    538-5051San Diego, California        --
    Public Internet access / Mailing

    Lists--------------------------------------------------------------------To

    REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail messageto:
    ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and inthe message
    BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L(or the name of mailing list
    you want to be removed from).  You mayalso send the HELP command for
    other information (like subscribing).
  • Scherer, Rein at Jul 17, 2001 at 5:27 pm
    check out the Oracle Partner Program(OPP) - has unlimited on-line
    training(OLN) for anyone in the organization included in the price of the
    yearly membership - approx. $3500.

    Author: IT - Database (Do Not Use)
    INET: dbamail_at_police.edmonton.ab.ca

    Author: Scherer, Rein
    INET: RScherer_at_sstechnologies.com

  • JDonson_at_aol.com at Jul 19, 2001 at 12:07 am
    Exam Cram Guides (All 5)
    + Oracle8i Complete Reference
    + O8i Administrator's Guide

    + Oracle 8.1.6 on RedHat Linux 6.2

    EQUALS

    Cheap & Complete resource materials for training DBA's

    Also, check out www.databasedomain.com !!

    best,

    jeremy
    INET: JDonson_at_aol.com

  • Post, Ethan at Jul 19, 2001 at 4:37 pm
    Of course of you go to Google and type "free ocp training" a site I'm quite
    fond of might come up...

    http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&q=free+ocp+training

    Ethan