Anand Prakash

Author: Anand Prakash
INET: AnandPrakash_at_firsthealth.com

  • Christian Trassens at Jul 11, 2001 at 6:40 am
    I don't know from Steve. However I can tell from my
    experience that the options GATHER STALE and GATHER
    EMPTY have problems.

    Regards.

    Anand Prakash
    wrote:
    Steve

    You mentioned about dbms_stats having some teething
    problem on version 8.1.6. Can you provide some more
    details? I was planning to implement on version
    8.1.6.2 on Compaq Tru64 unix 5.1.

    Thanks.

    Anand Prakash

    --
    Please see the official ORACLE-L FAQ:
    http://www.orafaq.com
    Author: Anand Prakash
    INET: AnandPrakash_at_firsthealth.com

    Fat City Network Services -- (858) 538-5051 FAX:
    (858) 538-5051
    San Diego, California -- Public Internet
    access / Mailing Lists
    E-Mail message
    'ListGuru') and in
    ORACLE-L
    from). You may
    also send the HELP command for other information
    (like subscribing).
    Eng. Christian Trassens
    Senior DBA
    Systems Engineer
    ctrassens_at_yahoo.com
    ctrassens_at_hotmail.com
    Phone : 541149816062

    Do You Yahoo!?
    http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/

    Author: Christian Trassens
    INET: ctrassens_at_yahoo.com

  • Anand Prakash at Jul 13, 2001 at 3:57 pm
    What kind of problem?
    ctrassens_at_yahoo.com 07/11/01 12:30AM >>>

    Author: Christian Trassens
    INET: ctrassens_at_yahoo.com

    Author: Anand Prakash
    INET: AnandPrakash_at_firsthealth.com

  • Christian Trassens at Jul 14, 2001 at 3:31 pm
    Exactly: bug 1192012. And this consists on skiping the
    table or segment when those options are used.
    Therefore it won't recalculate the statistics.

    Regards.

    Anand Prakash

    Author: Anand Prakash
    INET: AnandPrakash_at_firsthealth.com

    Fat City Network Services -- (858) 538-5051 FAX:
    (858) 538-5051
    San Diego, California -- Public Internet
    access / Mailing Lists
    E-Mail message
    'ListGuru') and in
    ORACLE-L
    from). You may
    also send the HELP command for other information
    (like subscribing).

    =====
    Eng. Christian Trassens
    Senior DBA