To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L

Sent: Tuesday, July 03, 2001 08:50
AM
Subject: OT: RE: CURSOR_SHARING = FORCE
ques. - OCP Certification

Why
is it that people seem to have the need to apologize after admitting that they
are OCP certified (or are working toward the goal etc).  I know that
there are a lot of differing opinions regarding OCP and what it may or may not
tell you about a particular individual, but, if your company is willing to pay
for you to pursue this then it is always (IMO) a good idea!  After all,
it hopefully will provide you with some incentive to pick up some manuals and
perhaps mess with a test database and learn some new stuff.  Just how
could this be a bad thing?????

Ken.

PS.  I would rather be caught with an OCP
certification than be caught driving a tan minivan any
day!

-----Original Message-----From:
Ivan_Rivera_at_doh.state.fl.us
Sent: Monday, July 02, 2001
6:33 PMTo: Multiple recipients of list
ORACLE-LSubject: CURSOR_SHARING = FORCE
ques.

Gurus....
Well the boss is now getting on my back for me to upgrade my
OCP to 8i.  I know, I know, I wasn't going to, please don't flame me,
but work is insisting that I do.  So now I'm studying the upgrade book
and it's sparked up a couple of questions regarding cursor_sharing =
force.

I've heard a bunch of negative things (like bugs)
regarding using this feature, was this just with 8.1.6 or is it still
buggy?
Anyone out there using it?  Does it give that much
better performance gains?  It seems to me like it's not worth
implementing.
3)Can the guys playing with 9i out there verify if this is
buggy in 9i?
Thanks to all. Ivan Rivera
LEGAL NOTICEUnless
expressly stated otherwise, this message is confidential and may be
privileged. It is intended for the addressee(s) only. Access to this E-mail by
anyone else is unauthorized. If you are not an addressee, any disclosure or
copying of the contents of this E-mail or any action taken (or not taken) in
reliance on it is unauthorized and may be unlawful. If you are not an
addressee, please inform the sender
immediately.

grouporacle-l @
categoriesoracle