yea except its only certified on Suse(us RH people look like
we are SOL) and min quals are 512M of physical ram, guess that kills any more
demos at conf based on my current 192M maxed out laptop :(

joe
BoivinP_at_mar.dfo-mpo.gc.ca 06/14/01 03:05PM
I remember someone asking whether Oracle was going to release
Oracle for NTfirst, or Oracle for LINUX.We have our answer.:
)Patrice BoivinSystems Analyst (Oracle Certified DBA)Systems
Admin & Operations | Admin. et Exploit. des systèmesTechnology
Services        | Services
technologiquesInformatics
Branch         | Direction de
l'informatique Maritimes Region, DFO      | Région
des Maritimes, MPOE-Mail: boivinp_at_mar.dfo-mpo.gc.ca <mailto:boivinp_at_mar.dfo-mpo.gc.ca>
--Please see the official ORACLE-L FAQ: http://www.orafaq.com--Author:" rel="nofollow">http://www.orafaq.com">http://www.orafaq.com--Author: Boivin,
Patrice J  INET: BoivinP_at_mar.dfo-mpo.gc.caFat City Network
Services    -- (858) 538-5051  FAX: (858) 538-5051San
Diego, California        -- Public Internet
access / Mailing

Lists--------------------------------------------------------------------To

REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail messageto:
ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and inthe message
BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L(or the name of mailing list
you want to be removed from).  You mayalso send the HELP command for
other information (like subscribing).

Search Discussions

  • Paul Drake at Jun 15, 2001 at 12:33 am
    Joe,

    I installed Oracle 8.1.7 Standard  on a W2K Pro laptop that only had 80 MB
    of RAM.
    (It wasn't very fast)
    Its since been maxed out at 144MB - looks like its time to turn that one
    into a sniffer.

    Paul

    yea except its only certified on Suse(us RH people look like we are SOL) and
    min quals are 512M of physical ram, guess that kills any more demos at conf
    based on my current 192M maxed out laptop :(

    joe

    BoivinP_at_mar.dfo-mpo.gc.ca 06/14/01 03:05PM >>>
    I remember someone asking whether Oracle was going to release Oracle for NT
    first, or Oracle for LINUX.

    We have our answer.

    : )

    <http://www.orafaq.com>