Jared, BBED is available on UNIX, you just have to make
it with the make command.

cd $ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/lib

make -f ins_rdbms.mk $ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/lib/bbed

The bbed command can allow you to soft corrupt a block
and you can use the "dd" command to hard corrupt the
block. The bbed command does have a password and its a
secret;)

Scott
It apparently is only on NT, and unless you have the password,
which is known only to Oracle Support Personnel, you can't
use it.

http://www.ixora.com.au/q+a/0101/23224038.htm

Jared