From: Suhen Pather[SMTP:Suhen.Pather_at_strandbags.com.au]
Sent: Friday, May 25, 2001 6:36 AM
To: LazyDBA.com Discussion
Subject: RE: Steve Adam's Removal

Henry, List

I second you on this one.
I respect Henry being the list owner, having authority to do as he
pleases.

ORACLE -L is possibly the best Oracle list out there,and has brought so
many

Oracle professionals together, but lets not lose our experts.

Please reconsider the removal of Steve Adams from the list.

He takes up lots of his time to answer performance related questions
posted by list members with precise actions to be taken and great
explanations.

He is an invaluable member to the Oracle world and his expertise,
generosity
will
surely be missed if he removed.

Kind Regards and pls reconsider
Suhen

List,

While I respect Henry's authority as list owner to remove people from the
list, and the need to do so when people are breaking the rules, I would
like
to protest the removal of Steve Adams. He is one of the top experts in
Oracle internals in the world, and he was gracious enough to take time to
answer people's questions on the list.

I am not sure what he ever did that was thought to be spamming, except
answer people's questions. He has a link to his website in his signature,
and often his answers were links to a place on his site where he had
already
answered that question. I don't see what's wrong with that, none of it
seems to violate the rules of the list.

If it was a matter of one or two people complaining about Steve's posts,
perhaps the list should have been asked. I can only hope that the
overwhelming majority understood Steve's method of answering questions and
were not annoyed with it.

The show now knows a lot less about Oracle Internal Services.

Reed Sutton