A few
months ago I remember seeing a script that enabled the removal of redundant rows
in a table.  Can someone please forward or point me to such a
script.

I have
an Oracle Names server that stores the database connect descriptors in a table
within the Region Database.  I've loaded these connect descriptors from
many SQLNET.ora files throughout the enterprise.  My problem is that there
exists duplicates from the multiple SQLNET.ora files.  I really want to
clean this up so that only one entry per connect descriptor exists.  I
think that a generic script for any table will work in this
situation.

Thanks,
Ed
Haskins
Oracle
DBAVerizon Wireless

Search Discussions

  • Haskins, Ed at May 15, 2001 at 6:02 pm

    Author: Haskins, Ed
    INET: Ed.Haskins_at_VerizonWireless.com

  • Rachel Carmichael at May 15, 2001 at 8:39 pm
    I use this one that Araplan posted a while back:

    delete from &table_name a where rowid > (select min(rowid)
    from &&table_name b
    where a.&column_name=b.&&column_name)
    /

    Author: Rachel Carmichael
    INET: carmichr_at_hotmail.com

  • Haskins, Ed at May 15, 2001 at 9:06 pm
    Sorry for the multiple posts...I first sent this message yesterday and it
    never posted...I tried a couple times today. Looks like there was some sort
    of backup between my mail server and the Lists'.

    I've also received a solution!!

    Thanks,
    Ed Haskins
    Oracle DBA
    Verizon Wireless

    Author: Haskins, Ed
    INET: Ed.Haskins_at_VerizonWireless.com

    Author: Haskins, Ed
    INET: Ed.Haskins_at_VerizonWireless.com

  • Haskins, Ed at May 17, 2001 at 12:21 am
[...]

  • Eric D. Pierce at May 17, 2001 at 12:51 am
    Author: Eric D. Pierce
    INET: PierceED_at_csus.edu

  • Rachel Carmichael at May 17, 2001 at 2:51 am
    now now, don't exaggerate.... it was only 25 & 1/4 people
    didn't 27 & 1/2 people post the answer to this yesterday???

    Author: Eric D. Pierce
    INET: PierceED_at_csus.edu

    Author: Rachel Carmichael
    INET: carmichr_at_hotmail.com

  • Haskins, Ed at May 17, 2001 at 3:46 pm
    Eric,

    Yes they did...I am not resending this message. Either the List software is
    screwing up, or my Company's email servers suck.

    Ed Haskins
    Oracle DBA
    Verizon Wireless

    Author: Eric D. Pierce
    INET: PierceED_at_csus.edu

    Author: Haskins, Ed
    INET: Ed.Haskins_at_VerizonWireless.com

  • Alan Aschenbrenner at May 17, 2001 at 4:16 pm
    Who was the half person?

    Author: Eric D. Pierce
    INET: PierceED_at_csus.edu

    Author: Rachel Carmichael
    INET: carmichr_at_hotmail.com

    Author: Alan Aschenbrenner
    INET: alan.aschenbrenner_at_ihs.com

  • Eric D. Pierce at May 17, 2001 at 4:35 pm
    How about we split the difference?
    1* select (25.25+27.5)/2 from dual
    SQL> /

    (25.25+27.5)/2
    --------------
    26.375
    (no this is not the mean)

    Author: Eric D. Pierce
    INET: PierceED_at_csus.edu

  • Mohan, Ross at May 17, 2001 at 5:03 pm
    HELP

    Author: Eric D. Pierce
    INET: PierceED_at_csus.edu

    San Diego, California -- Public Internet access /
    Mailing Lists
    Author: Mohan, Ross
    INET: MohanR_at_STARS-SMI.com

  • Hillman, Alex at May 17, 2001 at 5:25 pm
    Are you an idiot? :-)

    Alex Hillman

    Author: Eric D. Pierce
    INET: PierceED_at_csus.edu

    Author: Mohan, Ross
    INET: MohanR_at_STARS-SMI.com

    Author: Hillman, Alex
    INET: Alex.Hillman_at_usmint.treas.gov

  • Jared Still at May 17, 2001 at 5:29 pm
    Are you an idiot?

    ( oh god, I can't believe I said that. might as well finish it )

    ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US;^{)

    Author: Eric D. Pierce
    INET: PierceED_at_csus.edu

    Author: Jared Still
    INET: jkstill_at_cybcon.com

  • Rachel Carmichael at May 17, 2001 at 5:48 pm
    Deal! :)

    Author: Eric D. Pierce
    INET: PierceED_at_csus.edu

    Author: Rachel Carmichael
    INET: carmichr_at_hotmail.com

  • Eric D. Pierce at May 17, 2001 at 5:49 pm
    Mr. Rhet Device
    (rhet oracle device, that is)
  • Rachel Carmichael at May 17, 2001 at 7:14 pm
    GROAN