Hi gurus,

I installed 9IAS on a Unix server.  I installed all Oracle products with the Unix user ORACLE and its primary group OINSTALL.

My installation is done, but I want to manage my IAS with another user called IAS and primary group DBA.

My problem is :
Everything (logs, httpd.pid) belong to Unix user ORACLE (OINSTALL).  I can't manage 9IAS with another user.

For those of you working with IAS, do you manage it using Oracle user ? Or have you changed the file permissions ?
Or reinstall with ORACLE user and group DBA. ?

TIA

Luc Demanche
CETELEM

Tél.: 01-46-39-14-49
Fax : 01-46-39-59-88

Search Discussions

  • Gene Sais at Apr 3, 2001 at 1:23 pm
    I've used a different user:group (oraweb:oraweb) for OAS/iAS software.
    luc.demanche_at_cetelem.fr 04/03/01 07:10AM >>>

    Author: Gene Sais
    INET: Gsais_at_co.palm-beach.fl.us