I ran into a situation this week where a session was waiting for results from a failed db link and holding a lock (library cache pin) on the sql it was executing. It never detected the failure and hung waiting for a reply on the link. This caused the pin to be help indefinitely too, which caused numerous other sessions to hang as they tried to pin either the same sql. What can I do to ensure that if a db link fails (it failed due to a network adapter failure on the remote server), the session will either abort or return an error? Will setting sqlnet.expire_time on the remote server do this?Do You Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Mail Personal Address -

grouporacle-l @
categoriesoracle
postedMar 23, '01 at 6:41p