Cleveland, Ohio 44113
(216) 781-4204

Search Discussions

  • Dgoulet_at_vicr.com at Mar 19, 2001 at 1:50 pm
    AH, another well written third party application!! OH, well, it's the
    expiry_date in DBA_USERS.

    Dick Goulet

    Author: "Jeffrey Beckstrom"
    Date: 3/19/2001 5:05 AM

    anyone know of a way to find the date a user's password was last changed. I can
    not set up a profile with an password life time since the user logs in via a
    third party application which can not handle the message about grace logins.
    Therefore, I was going to email users when password is N days old. If user does
    not change then would lock user out.

    Jeffrey Beckstrom
    Database Administrator
    Greater Cleveland Regional Transit Authority
    1240 W. 6th Street
    Cleveland, Ohio 44113
    (216) 781-4204

    anyone know of a way to find the date a user's password was last
    changed.&nbsp; I can not set up a profile with an password life time since the
    user logs in via a third party application which can not handle the message
    about grace logins.&nbsp; Therefore, I was going to email users when password is

    N days old.&nbsp; If user does not change then would lock user out.
    &nbsp;
    Jeffrey BeckstromDatabase AdministratorGreater Cleveland Regional
    Transit Authority1240 W. 6th StreetCleveland, Ohio 44113(216)
    781-4204

    INET: dgoulet_at_vicr.com

  • Jeffrey Beckstrom at Mar 19, 2001 at 2:36 pm
    Thought of that, but the column is null.
    3/19/01 8:50:21 AM >>>

    Author: "Jeffrey Beckstrom"
    Date: 3/19/2001 5:05 AM

[...]

  • Dgoulet_at_vicr.com at Mar 19, 2001 at 4:13 pm
    I believe the column gets populated once the profile change to expire passwords
    gets turned on. Just checked it and it does work. It gives you the date on
    which their password will expire. To enable, go to the profile, set expire
    password on (check it) and set an expiration period & grace period.

    Dick Goulet

    Author: "Jeffrey Beckstrom"
    Date: 3/19/2001 5:05 AM

[...]

    Thought
    of that, but the column is null.&gt;&gt;&gt; &lt;dgoulet_at_vicr.com&gt;
    3/19/01 8:50:21 AM &gt;&gt;&gt;AH, another well written third party
    application!!&nbsp; OH, well, it's theexpiry_date in DBA_USERS.Dick
    Goulet____________________Reply Separator____________________Author:

    "Jeffrey Beckstrom"
    &lt;JBECKSTROM_at_gcrta.org&gt;Date:&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
    3/19/2001 5:05 AManyone know of a way to find the date a user's password

    was last changed.&nbsp; I cannot set up a profile with an password life time

    since the user logs in via athird party application which can not handle the

    message about grace logins. Therefore, I was going to email users when
    password is N days old.&nbsp; If user doesnot change then would lock user
    out.Jeffrey BeckstromDatabase AdministratorGreater Cleveland
    Regional Transit Authority1240 W. 6th StreetCleveland, Ohio
    44113(216) 781-4204&lt;!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0
    Transitional//EN"&gt;&lt;HTML&gt;&lt;HEAD&gt;&lt;META
    content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1" http-equiv=Content-Type&gt;&lt;META
    content="MSHTML 5.00.3211.1700" name=GENERATOR&gt;&lt;/HEAD&gt;&lt;BODY
    style="FONT: 10pt Courier New; MARGIN-LEFT: 2px; MARGIN-TOP:
    2px"&gt;&lt;DIV&gt;anyone know of a way to find the date a user's password
    was last changed.&amp;nbsp; I can not set up a profile with an password life

    time since the user logs in via a third party application which can not
    handle the message about grace logins.&amp;nbsp; Therefore, I was going to
    email users when password isN days old.&amp;nbsp; If user does not
    change then would lock user
    out.&lt;/DIV&gt;&lt;DIV&gt;&amp;nbsp;&lt;/DIV&gt;&lt;DIV&gt;Jeffrey
    Beckstrom&lt;BR&gt;Database Administrator&lt;BR&gt;Greater Cleveland Regional
    Transit Authority&lt;BR&gt;1240 W. 6th Street&lt;BR&gt;Cleveland, Ohio
    44113&lt;BR&gt;(216) 781-4204&lt;/DIV&gt;&lt;/BODY&gt;&lt;/HTML&gt;--
    Please see the official ORACLE-L FAQ: http://www.orafaq.com--" rel="nofollow">http://www.orafaq.com">http://www.orafaq.com-- Author:
    &nbsp; INET: dgoulet_at_vicr.comFat City Network
    Services&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; -- (858) 538-5051&nbsp; FAX: (858) 538-5051San
    Diego, California&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; -- Public Internet
    access / Mailing
    REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail messageto:
    ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and inthe message
    BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L(or the name of mailing list
    you want to be removed from).&nbsp; You mayalso send the HELP command for
    other information (like subscribing).
    INET: dgoulet_at_vicr.com