In addition to unix admin & oracle dba duties, I am now tasked with an informix db.
Not that I mind, with oracle's pricing, it may become the db of choice :). Any
recommendations on which informix dba course to take to get up to speed for a seasoned
sys admin/oracle dba?

Author: Gene Sais
INET: Gsais_at_co.palm-beach.fl.us

  • Carle, William T (Bill), NLCIO at Mar 14, 2001 at 9:11 pm
    Gene,

    You would want to take their Online Dynamic Server Administration course
    or whatever they are calling it now. I do both Informix and Oracle so if you
    have any questions, let me know.

    Bill Carle
    AT&T
    Database Administrator
    816-995-3922
    wcarle_at_att.com

    Author: Gene Sais
    INET: Gsais_at_co.palm-beach.fl.us

    Author: Carle, William T (Bill), NLCIO
    INET: wcarle_at_att.com

  • Steve Cawley at Mar 14, 2001 at 10:09 pm
    Informix offers a DBA course for Oracle DBA's:

    http://www.informix.com/informix/training/courses/educat/descrpt/level1/crsL
    1-760.htm

    Author: Gene Sais
    INET: Gsais_at_co.palm-beach.fl.us