Jim

Author: Jim Conboy
INET: Jim.Conboy_at_trw.com

  • Sam P. Roberts (ZADCO ITIS) at Mar 13, 2001 at 4:00 am
    The way we did it to 2000 users without a hitch.
    You dont need to install full client, only sqlnet or net8 (approx 28meg).
    We use Novell launcher. Take a snapshot on one machine, then novell
    automatically launches it to all clients.There should be similar products to
    this.(I think SMS by Microsoft). We have a constantly changing environment
    whereby the applications are updated,we use this method to update all local
    machines,and it works a dream. This is for now as we have a mixture of fat
    client and browser based.

    Sam