Version of oracle?? I know from personal that 8.1.6 has problems with
snapshot logs not being purged.

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Wednesday, March 07, 2001 4:17 PM
To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L
refreshed from master?

Hello Forumists,

How to know which are the snapshots supposingly to get
refreshed from the master? In my situation, I have
around 40 databases refreshing from a single master
and seems to be all the 40 databases' snapshots are
getting refreshed. So, why my snapshot still grows
without purging automatically is the question. If I
manually purge the snapshots using
dbms_snapshot.purge() procedure then, I have to make a
COMPLETE refresh for all these snapshots which will
involve more efforts. So, I would like to know if
there is a way to find which are the snapshots
supposed to refresh from master. Perhaps there is a
way to find this out at the master using some
dictionary tables etc..which I am not aware of. If
anybody has an idea please let me know.

Thank you very much,
Muru

Do You Yahoo!?
http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/
Author: Muru
INET: muru_oracle_at_yahoo.com

Author: Fowler, Kenneth R
INET: kenneth_r_fowler_at_groton.pfizer.com

  • Muru at Mar 8, 2001 at 5:17 pm
    It's 815 on NT40. The interesting point is, I created
    a test case with one table and tested whether the logs
    are getting purged, it did. So, As such I am unable to
    come to a conclusion that there may be bugs with
    Oracle on this.

    --
    Please see the official ORACLE-L FAQ:
    http://www.orafaq.com
    Author: Muru
    INET: muru_oracle_at_yahoo.com

    Fat City Network Services -- (858) 538-5051 FAX:
    (858) 538-5051
    San Diego, California -- Public Internet
    access / Mailing Lists
    E-Mail message
    'ListGuru') and in
    ORACLE-L
    from). You may
    also send the HELP command for other information
    (like subscribing).

    Author: Muru
    INET: muru_oracle_at_yahoo.com

  • Don Jerman at Mar 11, 2001 at 6:42 pm
    I've had some problems with 8.1.5 on NT where snapshots did not deregister
    properly when dropped -- preventing purging. If you've ever destroyed
    snapshots on one of your machines you might check DBA_REGISTERED_SNAPSHOTS
    on the master to see if there are 'extras' which you can then deregister
    manually.

    Author: Muru
    INET: muru_oracle_at_yahoo.com

    Author: Fowler, Kenneth R
    INET: kenneth_r_fowler_at_groton.pfizer.com