I did a full import from 8.0.6 to 8.1.7..

Here is the trigger that fails to compile:

1 create or replace trigger TRG.TBMDPMODBSIUD
2 before insert or update or delete on TRG.TBMDPMOD
3 declare
4 begin
5 sys.inf_product_check;
6* end;
SQL> /

Warning: Trigger created with compilation errors.

SQL> show errors
Errors for TRIGGER TRG.TBMDPMODBSIUD:

LINE/COL ERROR

-------- -----------------------------------------------------------------
3/1 PLS-00201: identifier 'SYS.INF_PRODUCT_CHECK' must be declared
3/1 PL/SQL: Statement ignored

Search Discussions

  • WIlliam Thater at Jan 26, 2001 at 4:59 pm

    bruce.taneja_at_mcd.com wrote:

    I did a full import from 8.0.6 to 8.1.7..

    Here is the trigger that fails to compile:

    1 create or replace trigger TRG.TBMDPMODBSIUD
    2 before insert or update or delete on TRG.TBMDPMOD
    3 declare
    4 begin
    5 sys.inf_product_check;
    6* end;
    SQL> /
    Warning: Trigger created with compilation errors.

    SQL> show errors
    Errors for TRIGGER TRG.TBMDPMODBSIUD:

    LINE/COL ERROR
    -------- -----------------------------------------------------------------
    3/1 PLS-00201: identifier 'SYS.INF_PRODUCT_CHECK' must be declared
    3/1 PL/SQL: Statement ignored
    SQL>
    looks to me like either that procedure doesn't exist, is invalid, or the
    user doesn't have execute permissions on it.

    --
    Bill Thater Sr. ORACLE DBA
    Telergy, Inc thaterw_at_telergy.net

    I did a full import from 8.0.6 to 8.1.7..

    Here is the trigger that fails to compile:

    1 create or replace trigger TRG.TBMDPMODBSIUD
    2 before insert or update or delete on TRG.TBMDPMOD
    3 declare
    4 begin
    5 sys.inf_product_check;
    6* end;
    SQL> /

    Warning: Trigger created with compilation errors.

    SQL> show errors
    Errors for TRIGGER TRG.TBMDPMODBSIUD:

    LINE/COL ERROR

    -------- -----------------------------------------------------------------
    3/1 PLS-00201: identifier 'SYS.INF_PRODUCT_CHECK' must be declared
    3/1 PL/SQL: Statement ignored

    SQL>

    INET: bruce.taneja_at_mcd.com

  • Tim Sawmiller at Jan 26, 2001 at 5:34 pm
    You need to grant execute privs on SYS.INF_PRODUCT_CHECK to the user =
    trying to compile the trigger, or possibly create SYS.INF_PRODUCT_CHECK. =
    There should be a script somewhere out under $ORACLE_HOME/rdbms that =
    creates it. =20
    bruce.taneja_at_mcd.com 01/26/01 11:38AM >>>
    I did a full import from 8.0.6 to 8.1.7..

    Here is the trigger that fails to compile:

    1 create or replace trigger TRG.TBMDPMODBSIUD
    2 before insert or update or delete on TRG.TBMDPMOD
    3 declare
    4 begin
    5 sys.inf_product_check;
    6* end;
    SQL> /

    Warning: Trigger created with compilation errors.

    SQL> show errors
    Errors for TRIGGER TRG.TBMDPMODBSIUD:

    LINE/COL ERROR

    3/1 PLS-00201: identifier 'SYS.INF_PRODUCT_CHECK' must be declared
    3/1 PL/SQL: Statement ignored

    SQL>

    --=20
    Please see the official ORACLE-L FAQ: http://www.orafaq.com=20