Hi Guys,

Env: Tru64 Unix, Oracle 8.1.7 with OPS on a 2 node
cluster

Argh, this Compaq and OPS thing is driving me nuts. We
couldn't just go with safe and common platforms like
Solaris and non-OPS of course.

So using shared disk systems for OPS, how do you guys
go about configuring Oracle for files are most be
localized. eg. /etc/oratab should be node specific and
point to the database to startup on each node. With
disk systems this file is now shared by both nodes. So
do you relocate the oratab?

My unix admin tells me that perhaps I should look at
placing all node specific files in
/cluster/members/{memb}/boot_partition and then modify
all scripts to point to this area. Sure, I guess I can
do this for scripts I know about. But what about other
stuff that Oracle does behind that scene that I might
not be aware of?

TIA,

Leng.

Leng Kaing - lkaing_at_yahoo.com
AUSOUG-VIC : http://www.ausoug.org/vic/
Web: http://dingo.vu.edu.au/~leng/

Do You Yahoo!?

  • Adams, Matthew (GEA, 088130) at Jan 12, 2001 at 1:36 pm
    Why would you have /etc as a shared LV?

    Make it local to each machine. The $ORACLE_HOME
    partition should also be local to each machine.

    Matt Adams - GE Appliances - matt.adams_at_appl.ge.com
    Those that do not archive the past are
    condemned to retype it.

    Practical Unix Security by Garfinkle & Spafford

    =====

    http://photos.yahoo.com/
    Author: =?iso-8859-1?q?Leng=20Kaing?=
    INET: lkaing_at_yahoo.com